The Simpsons

Here we go again with ratings :slight_smile:

This day 4 years ago Simpsons 476k

Family Feud couldn’t even get half that last night.

2 Likes

And The Block got 1.65m while the highest non-news show House Rules only got 1.18m last night. Times and ratings have changed.

By the end of that year, the ratings for The Simpsons had flatlined and it was in the 200,000s before it was shafted.

1 Like

I can unequivocally tell you that the changes in Ten’s strategy stem way back to former chairman Nick Falloon in the late 2000s.

2010-2012 was just the icing on the cake.

Fox network in the US announced this week that the 29th season of The Simpsons would premiere on October 1. If Eleven is to fasttrack it again on its regular Wednesday timeslot, the first episode should be shown here on October 4 or 11.

Ed Sheeran will guest star on the new season. He plays a singer called Brendan, whom Lisa Simpson will have a crush on. The episode will be a musical one called Haw Haw Land, a spoof of La La Land.
Game of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will also appear in the upcoming season.

This isn’t the Game of Thrones thread… also is that storyline a direct reference or continuation from The Simpsons Movie? I swear that storyline was already done then.

Seriously though, can they kill this already? I just want old school Simpsons.

2 Likes

Season 30 pls + not before another appearance by my favourite character - Tobias.

David X Cohen & Conan take the helm pls

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Netflix

I haven’t been impressed with new Simpsons for years. The crap with Elon Musk and Krusty’s father dying were awful but I’ve watched the latest episodes on 11 and am shocked at how good they are.

The Burns opens a for-profit university was hilarious and inspired. Homer dressing up to go undercover and becoming a professor was perfect.

Bart conning those old women and teaming up with Agnes was a hoot and had real heart behind it which I felt was lacking for years in new Simpsons.

Moho House was another that had heart and wouldn’t have felt out of place in the 90s. Moe was great, Smithers was excellent and the usual Homer treats Marge like garbage and doesn’t appreciate her was well handled and not contrived.

A year ago I would have said put it out of its misery but it really seems to have had a creative resurgence which is great to see. I hope it continues.

3 Likes

How does it compare to the South Park episodes on the US elections last year?

The sad thing is there is sometimes a really good episode followed by 5 terrible ones.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty well documented, that seasons after “The Simpsons Movie” have been ordinary.

2000-2007 was pretty good.

Golden era though (as I said in another thread) was the 90s.

3 Likes

Fox has sacked The Simpsons composer Alf Clausen after 27 years. He scored more than 560 episodes and won Emmy Awards in 1997 and 1998 for his work.

4 Likes

A sad moment in Ten Network history tonight with what could be the last episodes of The Simpsons airing on the network.

5 Likes

I’m sure we will all live. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It really is sad. Has there ever been a week in the last 25 years where no Simpsons has been on Ten/Eleven? (excluding Olympics/Commonwealth Games).

I’m expecting news to pickup when people realise Simpsons has vanished.

4 Likes

Is this legitimate?

I’d go out on a limb and say yes

1 Like

Nothing official has been confirmed by Ten. But the show is completely absent from the schedule for the next two weeks. All of its previous timeslots have been replaced with Futurama and Rules of Engagement

3 Likes

20th Century Fox is still an unsecured creditor of Ten according a report in the AFR today. Perhaps they are withholding supply of some programming (i.e. The Simpsons) until the debts are repaid?

4 Likes