The Simpsons

Seven’s director of programming Angus Ross has confirmed to TV Tonight that 7mate will be the new home of The Simpsons, but the show will not fill the void left by The Big Bang Theory repeats.

That seems to suggest they have purchased only recent seasons…

1 Like

Or maybe the programming which replaced it has worked and there’s no need to change?

Or that it won’t be on the same channel so therefore “will not fill the void left”

1 Like

First promo for The Simpsons on 7mate aired tonight on Seven during My Kitchen Rules, featuring a scene in which Homer argues with Krusty during a banquet.

2 Likes

Yep that’s already been discussed in this thread and the promo linked above.

1 Like

Hopefully sanity prevails and the classic episodes air 6pm weeknights, preferably in double episodes. 7mate only has American Pickers reruns in that timeslot at the moment.

3 Likes

I thought there might be someone who would enjoy these (real) screen caps from Seven preview of Season 29 Ep1.

6 Likes

RELAUNCH ALERT

That watermark tho :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I was starting to think the watermark hint posted above was too subtle :wink:

The current info from Seven has new episodes of The Simpsons labelled as "Starts Soon on image". This is usually an indicator of the channel a program is broadcast on.

6 Likes

:open_mouth: but if true, gutsy and fantastic (no, brilliant) move by Seven!

What info? They’ve already advertised it as coming soon to 7mate…
If it is on the main channel however, the only timeslot I could see it in is around 9.30 on Thursday nights.

Cynic would be referring to the info we receive from Seven’s publicity teams.

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Can’t be wasting new episodes on a multichannel.

That pretty much means that they do indeed have the rights to older episodes and will air on 7mate. Win win.

1 Like

But they’ve been running ads that “all new” Simpsons will be on 7mate

4 Likes

I think it will be on 8pm Thursdays after Home and Away.

It won’t be.

1 Like

If that happens, it’ll probably beat Home and Away (and other shows) in the key demos :joy:

Will The Simpsons not take the same form as Seven’s TBBT re-runs? 7mate might be the ‘main’ channel, but I’m sure we’ll see the odd ep on Ch 7 and some even on 7flix.

TBBT started on 7mate and then ended up on 7flix, even having eps on Ch 7!

It’ll just depend on the deal, programmers and ratings.

2 Likes

Any episodes scheduled on any channel for the week after next crosses fingers @TV.Cynic? :disappointed_relieved:

I expect after the Winter Olympics?

1 Like