The Simpsons

No Simpsons (or M*A*S*H) episodes on any FTA channel in w/c 11 February.

3 Likes

Going the way it is, seven are not really going to play it like what Ten did, if anything they might pull some Family Guy’s and dump it for periods at a time.

Promo shown during My Kitchen Rules tonight suggests The Simpsons will be paired with Family Guy.

2 Likes

That promo was also shown during Super Bowl today.

1 Like

Probably a smart move - 7mate will go with a Wednesday animation night with The Simpsons airing from Feb 28th. This is the same night Eleven used to run their animation night.

Currently The Simpsons first episode still listed to be shown on main channel; mistake or not? :thinking:

The Simpsons - Season 29

From Wednesday 28 February at 9:00PM

Recently nominated for a 2017 Emmy® Award for Outstanding Animated Program, THE SIMPSONS continues to strike a chord with viewers for irreverently poking fun at anything and everything.

With its subversive humor and delightful wit, the animated comedy series about a blue-collar family has made an indelible imprint on American pop culture, and its family members - Homer (Dan Castellaneta), Marge (Julie Kavner), Bart (Nancy Cartwright), Lisa (Yeardley Smith) and Maggie - are television icons.

Episode 1: The Serfsons

In a magical medieval world, Marge’s mother is turned into an Ice Walker and the only way for Homer to afford the cure is to force Lisa to use illegal magic.

When the King discovers this, he kidnaps Lisa, and Homer must lead a feudal uprising to save her.

4 Likes

If it’s not a mistake, I’m guessing Seven might perhaps show a few new episodes on the main channel to take advantage of the MKR lead-in and promote that they’re the new ‘home’ of The Simpsons before it starts airing regularly on 7mate

7 Likes

Sounds like a laugh-a-minute plotline that wouldn’t be out of place smack bang in the middle of Season 5.

8 Likes

IIRC, Family Guy premiered the same way, first on the main channel, then the following episodes would air on a multichannel.

They’ll never stop The Simpsons. Have no fears, they’ve got stories for years…

4 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Should be on the main channel in HD

Every weeknight at 6pm too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course, I’m only joking there. Realistically, I’m more than aware that Seven isn’t likely to move it’s main local evening news bulletins away from 6pm ever again!

1 Like

GWN and Southern Cross VAST / Darwin / GTS / BKN have 7Mate in HD :wink::wink:

Even better would be if they followed SBS and simulcast another secondary channel in HD. They’ve shown that this is possible.

1 Like

I think it’s good that they’re launching the new episodes first and providing the show with a proper launching pad on Wednesday Nights.

1 Like

Great, so as expected, ‘Animation Fixation’ essentially moves to Seven, new Simpsons joining Wednesday 7mate line-up :hugs:

Really, really hope we see re-runs soon too!

So it’s definitely not on the main channel, as Cynic was hinting with Seven’s info?

Seven’s announcement was unclear. They said 7 but you can assume they meant the Seven Network but on 7mate.

No word on Bob’s Burgers and Futurama being picked up as well? This would make their Animation Domination line-up complete.

2 Likes