The Simpsons

4 Likes

Is there nothing that Luke cannot do?!

2 Likes

Coherency?

7 Likes

:rofl:

What is the chance Seven will air at least one ep each night? Like a “6pm weeknights on 7flix” or soemthing (like the old days on Ten)?

Should be a given. Hopefully Seven airs more episodes than the 10 episode a week limit Ten seemed to have.

Too bad these rights weren’t sorted out earlier as we’ll miss the traditionally airing of the Australia episode on Australia Day.

3 Likes

Obviously didn’t pay enough dollarydoos early enough.

2 Likes

It was more than $900 dollarydoos? :rofl:

I’ll see myself out…

3 Likes

10 episodes a week is considered a “limit” :thinking:

3 Likes

I’d be very happy if they did a 3-hour Simpsons block on Saturday and Sunday mornings like Fox8 used to do. On Flix or Mate

12 Likes

I would watch that.

The only episode I have watched in full, I think. Tragically terrible

If it went to 7 mate could that be first time it is shown in HD ? since … years ago ?

If it did, it would only be in Regional QLD, Regional SA, Regional WA, NT, Griffith/MIA & Mildura, as 7mate is now an SD channel in the metro cities plus regional areas of NSW & VIC, as well as Canberra & Tasmania.

1 Like

It’s in HD everyday on FOX8

1 Like

True, but I don’t think the older episodes are in HD.

Sadly not even years ago. The Simpsons has never been broadcast on FTA in HD.

2 Likes

The show was on Ten HD in the pre multi-channel era. The episodes themselves may have been upscaled from SD but were still technically broadcast in HD.

2 Likes

…and in the eyes of most dedicated Simpsons fans, the older/non-HD episodes are the better ones anyway!

Although I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Seven decides to air exclusively widescreen episodes of The Simpsons on whatever channel they show them on. Yes the situation was different even as recently as 10 years ago when those silver coloured CRTs were probably still the most typical set in Australian homes, but 4.3-produced programing surely can’t be much of a drawcard for viewers these days?

Does the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover thing (which I’m sure premiered on 7mate when it was still HD everywhere) count as a broadcast of The Simpsons on Australian FTA TV?

Aside from that, I remember Ten having to promote their airing of first HD-produced episode of The Simpsons as the first widescreen episode - obviously because Ten HD ended (until March 2016) in favour of One HD by that point in time.

1 Like

Not even for the TEN HD era about 10 years ago.