The Simpsons

let’s hope they don’t stuff it up by showing it at midnight on 7mate on random nights (as they did with It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)

2 Likes

You don’t buy a show with 600+ episodes to bury it at midnight on random days of the week.

9 Likes

This is Seven we’re talking about. I wouldn’t put it past them.

1 Like

Yeah cos they totally buried Big Bang…

3 Likes

How the hell is airing them at midnight going to help their prime-time shares?

I think people need to be a bit patient. For all we know, the deal was only struck a couple of days ago so they haven’t had a chance to create a promo yet.

Has Seven got every episode of The Simpsons ever?

Yes, that would have to be the case.

Not necessarily. TVNZ2 seems to have brought a package when it regained the rights that only starts from season 10 (or at least that’s as far back as they are willing to show).

1 Like

I was half-joking. You do realise Australian TV has a poor habit of shunting decent overseas shows (although later eps of The Simpsons aren’t that decent) in favour of crap like Australian Spartan.

2 Likes

They just ran an ad during the Australian Open coverage for MASH’s new home being 7Two so it’s safe to say they’ll have a similiar promo for The Simpsons soon too

2 Likes

A MASH promo just aired during Seven’s Tennis coverage. Very simple with the theme song in background and voiceover: “The new home of MASH is 7two.”

7 Likes

Very basic but at least it’s something.

3 Likes

The perils of having asterisks as your italics shortcuts

7 Likes

Who would’ve thought that an old show like MASH and The Simpsons can be bought with millions by a broadcaster to televise to an audience that doesn’t even rate! To me Seven West Media has spent money that they could use elsewhere than pay for that crap! :joy: #saveyourmoney7

1 Like

But both were rating very well on ONE / Eleven, including key demos.

They are for multi-channel performance.

Would’ve thought money well spent?

I remember Seven’s former Fox programming quite well.

I doubt Luke is old enough to remember how Seven treated Family Guy and Futurama…

5 Likes

If a show hasn’t made the top 10… it hasn’t rated. Rates means programs that go 800k or above in my opinion. These shows get beaten by shows on ABC kids!

Means something quite different now in a multichannel/streaming world.

2 Likes

Did you just quote a post that cane after yours? :astonished:

4 Likes