The Simpsons

Someone was probably fired for that tweet. Nothing since :slight_smile:

Unless another network comes in. How perfect would Simpsons be for 9go?

1 Like

If The Simpsons end up on another FTA network, it would most likely be Seven. They still have a content deal with Fox, I believe.
But I definitely wouldn’t mind if it did end up on 9Go.

What content deal?

The Fox deal has been shared between Ten and Foxtel for quite a while.

Seven had a deal with fox in the late 90s early 00s

IMO, if Nine got the rights, I think it could work well in the 5-5:30 slot (therefore moving Hot Seat back to just 30mins)

I’d watch Nine News at 5:00pm and I’d watch Hot Seat to waste some time, but I would never watch Nine at 5:00pm if The Simpsons were on.

BTW, Hot Seat always started at about 5:21 when it was scheduled for 5:30.

1 Like

New rule: stop posting jokes across multiple threads.

17 Likes

So, it’s come to this. After 27 years on the network, The Simpsons is officially no longer a Ten/Eleven show.

The question now is - When and where will Australians be able to (legally) watch Season 29?

The main contenders:

• Fox8 (First run rights)
  • 7mate
  • 9Go!
  • ABC2 (ABC Comedy)
  • SBS VIceland
  • Stan
  • Netflix
  • Amazon
2 Likes

Add C31 to that list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I doubt very much that C31 would get the Simpsons (Rupert Murdoch HATES community television with a passion!), Stan does not have any FOX content at all, and Netflix only has a handful of FOX shows (How I Met Your Mother and Archer are a couple), FOX recently pulled a lot of titles off Netflix USA obviously to go to a FOX owned streaming service. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox8 will be the home of new Simpsons, I doubt FOX would onsell the rights to a non-FOX owned network/streaming service.

I know, it was a joke :joy:

3 Likes

Let us have a moment to grieve before moving on. :cry: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I can’t see any reason why Fox8 couldn’t show new Simpsons now that Network Ten no longer has the free to air rights to it, the Simpsons are a FOX show, Fox8 is owned by FOX, surely they have the rights to show their own product! Unless new Simpsons are protected by anti-siphoning legislation which mandate it being shown free to air!

1 Like

Old Brucey and WIN could get a staple for his new network here if he goes out on his own again!

1 Like

Somehow you’re not the first person at this message board who think The Simpsons is on the anti-siphoning list for sports.

EDIT: oh you’re the same guy.

9 Likes

That’s only for sport.

Fox can easily negotiate a deal with Fox8/Foxtel immediately. However, they may not want to because they’d rather make more money from another free to air network deal. As well as showing eps on Fox8.

2 Likes

Is it official?

Read the posts.

9go! Anyone?

Yep. A dark day for Ten losing one of the most iconic programs on television. CBS couldn’t come soon enough and Ten didn’t give a crap. Simpsons can prosper on a far better network (I predict Nine).

2 Likes

They’d fit nicely on ABC Comedy.