The Royal Family

Apparently, their popularity has plummeted in the US.

1 Like

Good. They’re just vile now. I wish they’d go away.

3 Likes

I reckon that’s another bullshit story planted in the media for clickbait.

1 Like

They won’t.

1 Like

Exactly what i thought. The media goes into a frenzy over any baseless story that clickbaiters come up with.

2 Likes

Nobody wants to be associated with King Charles.

Funny how they said that the only ones to accept are Take That without Robbie Williams, the Minogue sisters and Lionel Ritchie. What does an American singer havevto do with the coronation of a British King? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah and apart from his failed marriage to Diana, i don’t really understand why.

He seems like a decent bloke otherwise with a sense of humour.

I know he’s not as popular as QEII was, but i think he at least has a bit more personality than she did. She always seemed a bit staid to me.

2 Likes

I support him

A lot of people think he didn’t do a good supporting his youngest son. It has been pointed out that a lot of the artists who don’t want to do it are either friends or acquaintances of Harry and are not happy with the way things went down.

2 Likes

WE GET IT. You’re Team Harry. Good for you. Change the bloody record. I think most people couldn’t give a toss either way, to be honest.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m saying. It’s what is being reported as the reason that the artists are not doing the show. It’s what they’re saying behind the scenes.

I get that, but pretty much ALL of your posts are knocking King Charles and the rest of the royals, and pumping up Harry and Meghan. FWIW I don’t particularly care about either side. I would probably vote to be rid of the monarchy if it ever came up, but as it stands I am pretty much indifferent. It has no measurable impact on my life, so what does it matter?

You don’t have to reply to every post you see.

It’s not about taking sides. I’m reporting what’s in the news. There a lot more scandals involving the royal family than that one.

To perform at a royal event in 2023 would be to align yourself with blatant scandal.

1 Like

It’s a bit hard and unfair for Charles. Harry is the one fuelling the fire and Charles can’t really defend himself or the Royal Family because of his position.

There’s always 2 sides to every story and we always only ever really hear Harry’s side.

4 Likes

I think people had a reverence for the Queen (regardless of your monarchy views) for her long ‘service’ and duty to country through times good and bad.

People don’t seem to have the same feelings towards Charles. Especially since he can’t seem to control his sons - how can he control a monarchy. Probably a good chance to call it a day and become a republic.

4 Likes

I think the King would get a lot of respect if he took a harder public stance against Harry. Copping all these punches like some kind of human punching bag just makes the monarchy seem weak. They would have to get the tone right so they don’t come across as bitchy, vengeful or stooping to Harrys level, but it can be done.

A simple one line statement saying he is not welcome to the coronation, citing irreconcilable differences should be enough.

2 Likes

They’ve already said something along the lines of that they have a different recollection of events, that they are disappointed that he has gone public and left it pretty much at that. Which i think is the right approach.

1 Like

that was in response to the Oprah interview over 2 years ago. I think they can do another short statement and still consider themselves as maintaining a dignified silence.

1 Like

I don’t think the premise about being a Republic should be based on feelings about a certain individual - it should be based on the relevance of a monarchy to us and what is best for Australia.

3 Likes