The Royal Family

Yeah, once I would have said no way to this, but as things stand I don’t think Charles has anything to lose by publicly cutting off H & M. It will probably improve his standing at this point.

Wasn’t Charles quite close with his uncle David aka Edward VIII? Perhaps he doesn’t want to see his own son in a similar situation.

I’ve never heard that before.

Anyway Harry has put himself in a far worse position than Edward ever did. Edward really did want his privacy and it wasn’t just a smokescreen to sell his story.

1 Like

Agreed - but as the figurehead, that person is ultimately responsible for the public image.

And given the monarchy is not relevant (imho, obviously), Charles is doing its reputation harm.

I agree that the monarchy has lost its relevance - though a long time ago.

I’ve never really been a fan of it.

1 Like

Oh, oh! Kylie says no too.

2 Likes

But one Aussie said yes.

Safety has never been more important for William and family :). They should be following the strict protocols of not travelling together from now on.

Prince Edward is now the new Duke of Edinburgh with Sophie the new Duchess of Edinburgh. The last Duke of Edinburgh was Prince Philip with the late Queen being the most recent Duchess of Edinburgh.

Was he not a Duke of anything before now?

He was known as The Earl of Wessex.

Thanks. So is he still the Earl of Wessex and the Duke of Edinburgh? I don’t understand how they work or the point of them, to be honest. Why do they need to be a Prince and a Duke?

Yeah, he keeps them all, no idea what you’d do with so many titles.

1 Like

James who is 15 is the new Earl of Wessex

Has he taken it on yet? I thought they usually waited until they were older to take on those titles.

3 Likes

Monday, 8 May should be a public holiday to say thanks to everyone, workers and mates.

Who is saying thanks?

2 Likes