The Royal Family

All the usual suspects forming a lynch mob.

1 Like

Sorry JBar, you’re in the minority on this one. It appears that most people have formed a negative opinion on Meghan and Harry lately. They’ve lost a lot of support in recent weeks, even from people who’ve been in their corner throughout all their drama.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t describe the debate on here as a lynch mob- yes, people here (myself included) are critical of how Harry has handled things recently but it’s been pretty respectful (certainly by the standards of decorum on the internet these days). If you want to see examples of a lynch mob just go on Twitter for 5 minutes and look at any hashtag remotely related to Australian politics.

5 Likes

Saying “people like you” and “usual suspects” is very condescending and quite offensive. Just in case you’re not aware. And the term ‘lynch mob’ is triggering to some. If you’re going to be woke you should live by the principles yourself.

6 Likes

When anyone disagrees with you, you have to brand them as “woke”. It’s getting tiring. I think people need to stop being the footsoldiers for Newscorp and start thinking for themselves.

2 Likes

Why do you keep twisting this back to NewsCorp?

It’s got nothing to do with them. Harry has said this all. On camera. In interviews. In a book he wrote.

I have no idea why you’re on about NewsCorp. Very odd.

People are thinking for themselves. They’re listening to the words coming out of Harry’s own mouth and forming an opinion based on those words.

4 Likes

I’m afraid you’ve fallen into the same trap yourself by labelling anyone who disagrees with you as a ‘footsoldier of Newscorp’ who can’t think for themselves.

It’s this 2 dimensional mindset (anyone who disagrees with me is woke/racist/sexist/fascist etc) that is causing so much of the political polarisation we have these days- and both sides of politics are guilty of cultivating this environment. The reality is that people are a lot more nuanced and can be ‘conservative’ on some issues while being ‘left-wing’ on others, or fall somewhere in the middle.

2 Likes

i agree with everything @JBar says.

I for one disagree with everyone on harry. I have stated my opinion on harry b4, but I’m going to say it again. i like harry and Megan. always have. i think he’s very brave for coming out against the royal family. i have always found them very snobbish and very up them selfs. but then there’s harry :smiley:

I don’t particularly like the royals either for many reasons. But I don’t think Harry’s helping his cause here either with his endless claptrap about ‘poor me’. He really should be above the gossip gurus and the royal family who he’s purporting to be terrible.

3 Likes

Snobbish? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Their whole working lives are literally based on serving the people and spending days in and amongst them.I can’t see how they’re snobs?

I agree. If they had decided to fade into the background post their departure as ‘working royals’, and mainly focused on their charitable projects, they would be probably be in a position today where they are respected and admired almost universally.

Unfortunately, they have made some very poor choices since then, first with the Oprah interview, and now with this book and the ITV interview. Throwing cheap shots of racism and sexism towards the royal family might go down extremely well with some segments of the community, but it has alienated a large part of the community as well.

3 Likes

What is actually tiring (apart from being condescending) is your incorrect assumptions. I can’t stand Newscorp and am a left leaning voter. This discussion has nothing to do with either.

6 Likes

Prince William criticised for not attending the funeral of his godfather, King Constantine II, of Greece.

Will and Kate mistake no one noticed:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/kate-middleton-and-prince-william-mistake-no-one-noticed/news-story/05d6b5199c948cb0e5028653ea26d379

1 Like

I didn’t know where to post this, but i really liked this!

5 Likes

Fantastic work by our King

2 Likes

A couple of days old

2 Likes

I have been listening to the spare audiobook.

I have been keeping in mind that i have only one side of any story but he comes across as a scared boy (even now) who is making his way into the world where he is constantly watched and critisied.

I’m far from the biggest royalist in the world - it was pure coincide i was in london when QEII passed away (i swear i had nothing to do with it) but i do feel some sympathy with him.
’
he was the “spare” - Charles litterally said after his birth to Diana that “you’ve given me the Heir and now you’ve given me the spare”

He was shunned by his brother at school (if the stories are correct) and the death of his mother took a massive toll on him.

we will see if my opinon changes as the book goes on however (i’m only 2.5 hours in of the 14 hour book)

2 Likes

I’m so tired of the heir and the spare thing. I’m a second son myself and the saying is a joke that is often used in many families (including mine) where there are 2 sons! Harry has either blown it out of all proportion or doesn’t get that it’s a common saying. Maybe he is deliberately using it to boost his platform.

It’s also VERY common for older siblings and cousins to ignore the younger kids at school! Just wondering, do you have older siblings?

3 Likes

It’s a bit rich to complain about being constantly watched and criticised when HE is the one releasing scandalous memoirs and doing constant media interviews…

1 Like

For commoners, for the future King it has meaning.

For what it’s worth, as the youngest of three I copped His Lordship :rofl:

1 Like