The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

There is now a 5 minute commercial doing the rounds and it looks AMAZING!

I am so pumped for this. So good to see these women back on screens, this is a cast that has actually resonated with viewers and I feel like I really care about and get involved with their drama. It looks like GIna and Gamble are no longer friends and that Lydia and Gina are besties now. There’s also some classic Gina quotes in the commercial where she refers to herself as “the Queen” in an argument with Janet and she’s having a tiff with the new girl Sally saying “friendship over!”. Gonna be gold.

Also on a side note - I randomly saw Janet the other day. I was on my way to Yoga in South Yarra in a bit of a traffic jam and she was trying to make a right turn into a small court in Toorak (I assume it’s where she lives). So I left some space so she could turn into it in front of me and she gave me a smile and thankyou wave. haha was such a bizarre and random moment but made my day.

1 Like

Gina and Venus were on Today Extra this morning talking about the new season, Gina and Venus had the same look big hair,heavy make up and boobs out :joy:
So it looks like the catfights will be with the newcomers Venus and Sally ruffling the feathers of the original housewives surprise surprise.:joy:
Venus and Gina are close friends and very alike in many ways,so it’s going to be a fun season to watch!

2 Likes

I think they can all see that she’s looks like a drag queen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thing is, they’re all looking more and more like drag queens every year.

1 Like

Gina has been called a drag queen more than once!:joy:

What about the rest? :wink:

I don’t think they look like drag queens and never heard the others called drag queens.
Anyway being called a drag queen is not a bad thing, drag queens are stunning that’s why l love Gina :joy:

Not suggesting it is a bad thing at all and if they’re trying to look like drag queens then they’ve succeeded. Anyway, I was stunned by that photo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Like a stunned mullet! :crazy_face:

Exactly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is a big launch event in Melbourne today along Southbank near Queensbridge Square. There is currently a massive handbag along the Yarra and I’ve been told the girls are expected to be there at 12.30pm. I am most definitely heading down :smiley:

Will they be dancing around it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well the Melbourne event was great. The ladies literally turned up just to get their photo in front of the handbag and then we could all just go up to and meet them all. I got to have a chat to all of them and got some great pics/selfies too.

Janet was literally the most friendliest of them all. We had a chat to her for a good 5 minutes about the upcoming season, where she confirmed that the black eye she has in the promo was done by another cast member. She wouldn’t say who but pretty much hinted that it was Gina or Lydia. The new girl Venus was really fun too. She was even doing selfies of us on her own phone. Gina as always felt the most unapproachable, she had a bit of a diva moment when we tried to get a photo because there was a drop of rain. Sally the other new girl was excited that we actually wanted a photo with her. She said she didn’t think anyone knew who she was :joy:

2 Likes

I thought Janet would be the nice, a friend of mine has meet her and Chyka and said both ladies were lovely.
Well Gina that’s not really that surprising to me . :joy:
Just watched the extended promo for the new season, the friendship between Gina and Gamble is definitely over and it turns really nasty. Gina has Lydia and Venus on her side and it looks like Gina will be on the warpath a lot this season.
I have a feeling this could be the most explosive Melbourne season ever.

1 Like

Janet told today’s Herald Sun she would not be back for next season. She felt that four seasons with the show was enough for her.

1 Like

That link won’t open for me without subscribing to Herald Sun but I reckon they’ve misquoted her or taken her comments the wrong way. She told me yesterday that something like this was written in the newspaper but it’s moreso that at the end of filming each season most of them say that they won’t do it again as they are exhausted. However then when promo time comes around, the show comes back on air etc they get the buzz back again and so when it comes to the crunch and they are approached again most of them would do it.

They keep saying that there were lots of fun times this season but lots of not so fun times. I think it will have a lot of depth as a lot of these girls have a fair bit of history now.

1 Like

Well made (edited) episode of RHOMelbourne last night. Good too see the cast not taking them selves to seriously. I did cringe with the dancing in the opening titles though.

So good to have this back. Interesting to see how relationships have developed over the long break too. All this talk about how good a friend Lydia has been to Gina since the last season though made me want to puke. It may be genuine but to me it’s moreso Lydia is latching onto the girl she knows is popular with the public after the backlash that she received last season.

What on earth is going on with Gamble as well? It seems like none of the girls really kept in contact with her and she seems to have completely lost the plot. I said the exact same thing when I saw her at the launch thing a couple of weeks ago about how skinny she was… and now her teeth are dropping out? That girl seems to have gone off the rails a bit!

Really liking Venus too. I guess we don’t get to see Sally until the next episode.

Don’t tell me they only pretend to be friends for the sake of a reality show? Who would have thought? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I believe Gamble lives (or maybe lived) on the Mornington Peninsula, so being outside of Melbourne it may not have helped. I know Janet Roach also lived outside of Melbourne in earlier seasons.

No. Most of them have been in contact. In this episode they discussed quite a lot that had been going on within the group the past year or so. Gina was the only real one who was friends with Gamble in the first place and they had a massive falling out on social media, which resulted in Gina blocking her on Instagram. This was as all explained in the episode. That’s where Gamble kind of got cut out so none of them had seen her for some time.

In the episode they also discussed some months prior where Gina, Janet and Lydia went out for dinner and they called Jackie but she hung up on them knowing Lydia was there (as the two pretty much hate each other).They also highlighted how Gina and Lydia have become real good friends, they back tracked to how involved she has been in Gina’s life and all the things Lydia did for her when her father died.

Does Janet live in Toorak now? I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I literally drove past her in Toorak and she was turning right in front of me into a small court. I assumed it’s probably were she lives.