The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

###The Real Housewives of Melbourne - Season 3

Premieres Sunday 21 February at 8:30pm AEDT

Release the gowns!

Foxtel’s Arena brings you a sneak peek of what’s to come on the highly anticipated, dazzling new season of The Real Housewives of Melbourne premiering Sunday February 21 at 8:30pm.

To watch the sneak peek, plus discover all things Housewives, including exclusive videos and more about our Melbourne leading ladies, head to Arenatv.com.au

The sneak peek will also screen on Arena on Wednesday February 10 at 9:30pm after The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

The Real Housewives of Melbourne season three premieres Sunday February 21 at 8.30pm on Foxtel’s Arena.

MEET THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MELBOURNE!

Chyka Keebaugh - Honesty and integrity are my favourite accessories.

Gamble Breaux - I may run with the wolf pack but I tread my own path.

Gina Liano - Persistence is king and I’m the queen of it.

Jackie Gillies - When you know who you are, you have nothing to prove.

Janet Roach - I’m not everyone’s drink of choice, but I’m my cup of tea.

Lydia Schiavello – Yes I’m a flirt but home is where my heart is.

Pettifleur Berenger - I’m in the best shape of my life, who begs to differ?

Susie Mclean - If you can’t stand the heat, get out of my kitchen.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to having this back. Do we have confirmation on the number of episodes? First season had 10 + 2 reunion episodes and the second season had 11 + 2 reunion episodes. With a larger cast I’m hoping this season can have at least 12 episodes plus the reunion.

I would have thought they could easily up it to 16 episodes, given they call it a docu-soap.

I believe there has been some significant changes to the behind the scenes crew this season, but looking forward to this season, though I think the producers need to look at perhaps down grading some housewives to “Friend” status, when the cast has gotten to big in the US ratings often decline as its hard to follow each “wife” as the are often not appearing for multiple episodes.

Side note there is a hilarious spoof on Facebook, “Real Wh**ewives of Melbourne” with their voices dubbed, not everyone’s cup of tea but I find it hilarious.

I do agree ideally a big cast is not a good idea. Last season we had a lot of focus on the two newbies, and as a result Lydia kind of fell to the background and got forgotten.

I think that Gina might possibly be absent or have limited involvement at the beginning of the season as filming began around the same time as The Apprentice. Maybe that’s why they decided to stick with a larger cast. There was also talk at the start of the filming that none of them were confirmed as permanent cast members, so a lot of them made an effort to try and cause a lot of on screen drama to keep them on the show so its meant to be extra catty this season.

Someone posted on here previously that it was going to be 10 episodes or something so I really hope that’s wrong. I wonder if they commission a certain number or can put together as many episodes they want from the material they’ve got. Regardless they are filming over a number of months so you would think if there are more interesting storylines going on they could go a bit longer and not have to edit it all down to a limited number of episodes.

Yes I noticed that last season, though I think Lydia was in Italy for a month or so during filming so would have been absent a little.

Unlike most the US productions the time lines for Melbourne’s storylines as shown on screen do not reflect their actual occurrence with events occurring out of synch etc.

Ladies of London filmed on a similar schedule (many months but short episode count) but was much better edited in regards to storyline, hopefully the producers continue to take note of international formats.

I would really love to see someone better than Alex Perry hosting the reunion, there has to be someone with a journalistic background that can ask better questions and ad lib. Andy Cohen worked on GMA for a number of years.

Wow what an episodes. LOVED IT!!

It was good it went for 90 mins and I wonder if they will do this every week. It’s needed with so many in the cast now.

The last 10-15mins was insane. Pettifleur is crazy!! I loved Lydia stirring the pot this episode, she was clearly trying to get involved in some drama after she became pretty pointless last season.

Looks like it’s going to be a very interesting season. For the first time we have tons of drama going on with different housewives and without Gina being involved haha.

Reunion special to be filmed next month

Hosted by Alex Perry

Foxtel’s Arena today announced that next month, The Real Housewives of Melbourne will come together to record a reunion special hosted once again by acclaimed designer and television personality Alex Perry.

The reunion, set to be filmed in Melbourne and produced by Matchbox Pictures, will see Chyka Keebaugh, Gamble Breaux, Gina Liano, Jackie Gillies, Janet Roach, Lydia Schiavello, Pettifleur Berenger and Susie McLean all come together to confront each other and set the record straight.

Throughout the 90 minute special episode, which will premiere on Sunday May 8, Alex Perry will navigate treacherous waters as the housewives reunite to reflect on the highs and lows of the season. This is their last chance to air grievances and confront tumultuous friendships.

Five episodes into season three and it has proven to be the most explosive season yet. From Pettifleur’s ‘black widow’ taunts about Gamble; to rumours about an extramarital affair; Jackie’s baby dilemma and Gamble’s Byron Bay wedding; the Housewives certainly don’t hold back and spare no expense when it comes to getting what they want.

With six episodes of the season and a 90 minute reunion special still to come, this entertaining soap-doc is set to deliver even more high-end drama, controversy and heartfelt moments. Gamble’s stormy wedding reception sees the most solid of friendships start to crack and then there is the glamorous trip to Dubai with temperatures in the sand dunes soaring and a desert storm brewing.

Produced by Matchbox Pictures in conjunction with Foxtel, The Real Housewives of Melbourne is the first Australian instalment of the world’s number one lifestyle reality franchise and screens Sundays at 8.30pm only on Foxtel’s Arena.

OK so that basically confirms that it’s an 11 episode season with 1 reunion. The last couple of seasons we got 2 reunion episodes.

I think so far this season has been handled well that even though we’ve had an extra housewife they’ve given everyone pretty much equal airtime.

Last night was funny to see Gina rush off to watch herself on Celebrity Apprentice the night before Gamble’s wedding, only to get caught out,

I really wish Andy would make the trip down and host the reunion. Not a fan of Alex hosting it.

They are currently scouting for the Real Housewives of Sydney. I’m wondering if it will run in conjunction with Melb or they plan or replacing the Melb one with it next year?

I think they plan to have both from next year and there’s talk of dong a Gold Coast version in a couple of years after that.

Yeah I think you’ll find they will start to do a Bravo and have various Aussie seasons off the back of each other.

Especially since they were able to sell the Melbourne version back to Bravo in America and in many other countries.

1 Like

Have Bravo picked up season 3 though? I know they aired season 2 pretty close behind but I don’t think it rated that well in America and havn’t heard anything about them getting season 3 yet.

Last night was one of the best episodes from all the seasons in my opinion. Surely Pettifleur would not ever want to return to this show, although the attention seeker that she is she probably will. The fact that almost every single person has their own individual issue with her says a lot. Even Chyka looks like she goes off next week. I also remembered last night how much I love Gina more than anyone else. She owned Pettifleur haha.

Just funny that the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills and Melbourne were all airing episodes in Dubai the same week.

I have never watched this show but Gamble Breaux was on Fitzy and Wippa this week and mentioned something about it which explains why it hasn’t screened on Bravo yet (but it will later in the year).

The Real Housewives of Melbourne went to Dubai this season and when they got there realised that The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills were also filming in the same hotel. The hotel must have offered both shows the same deal to film there.

The problem for Bravo now is that the two series will now have similar themes so they’ve chosen to delay the screening of The Real Housewives of Melbourne to later this year.

The funny thing is that Arena airs The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills the same week as the US. So both shows had Dubai episodes go to air this week. Were they really filming at the exact same time or did Arena just not want to air Dubai episodes so close to one another? If they were filming the same time then I think it would have been funny for them to show a scene of them interacting even if briefly.

Both shows stayed at the Atlantis although the settings where they dined and spent most of their times were different. Beverley Hills had dinner outside with the Atlantis as a backdrop whereas Melbourne was the expensive restaurant inside the hotel. Beverley Hills also showed more inside the hotel rooms of the Atlantis and they visited Burj Khalifa whilst Melbourne was more focused on Dubai Mall/The desert and a lot of the outdoor activities of Atlantis.

Smart for tourism which Dubai is focusing on I guess. I’ve been to Dubai twice (my favourite place in the world!) and between both shows I think they covered the key parts of Dubai well without overlapping too much.

She said that they were there at the same time and not likely to interact. When a couple of the Melbournites bumped into the Beverly Hillbillies, they were accused of stalking them. :laughing:

You can listen to Monday’s podcast. It’s almost at the end of the show.
Fitzy and Wippa podcast

Haha I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if the Beverley Hills housewives wanted nothing to do with the Melbourne ones.

Thanks for the link I will take a listen.

Gina and LVP appear to be quite good friends based on their interactions on social media. I’d love one of them to cameo on the others show.

Tonight’s episode is going to be amazing! Go Chyka :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apparently Gina tried to chat to Lisa Vanderpump in Dubai and was also accused of stalking. :laughing:

1 Like