The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

Yes. That’s Sydney but he’s hanging out for Melbourne.

2 Likes

My bad, I believe all episodes are with Foxtel, post production is finished.

Yes I meant Melbourne.

If they do Sydney it will definitely have to be relaunched with a massive cast overhaul. I just hope doing Sydney again doesnt mean we are expected to wait every 2 years to get each of these. It is a bit of a joke.

1 Like

It can only be assumed Foxtel do not have the funding to sustain 2 seasons (franchises) a year. It is clearly not an abundance of programming that is preventing the show being scheduled. It really makes no sense at all. Having such a delay between the reunion and an actual air date defeats the purpose of a reunion. I think 9Life could do a better job.

Then as I’ve always said stick to one season a year and extend it a few extra episodes. That would give them better bang for buck. Melbourne worked for 3 seasons, it rated well, it has a big following and a cast that has connected with the viewers (such as Gina). Don’t let that suffer as a result of other versions such as Sydney that didn’t resonate with viewers as well and needs a cast overhaul to even be considered again. Stick with what worked.

1 Like

I think it was more a case of the Melbourne participants needing a bit of a break (and maybe viewers too) and Foxtel exploring the option of expanding the franchise to Sydney.

Arena have announced Melbourne will be returning in December.

Pretty bizarre scheduling. I wonder if they will air 3-4 eps and then take a break till later in Jan?

1 Like

I don’t think Foxtel focus on the ratings year.

1 Like

Still an odd time to launch it just before Christmas/New years. Maybe they think it will do better with less competition on FTA.

RHOS still continues to generate PR, yet I can not find anything on RHOM season 4 launch. Surely there should be things leaking out by now. They announced the 2 new cast members far to early. They didn’t bother to build any hype. Are they just done with Melbourne ? Matchbox seem to be doing a hatchet job on it like they did Auckland!

Like I’ve been saying all of the franchises are suffering because they clearly can’t handle doing 3 of them. They just need to focus on 1 or 2 of them and do those well.

To me it feels like they were holding off on Melb till next year but very last minute decided to throw it on in December. Maybe cos they originally intended it this year for some reason they were forced to launch it now. Who knows. I’m sure promos will start up in the next week or so.

1 Like

You could not be more correct, its a shame, because each series had an extreme amount of potential, but they have really failed to eventuate. I wonder if Foxtel would consider a different production company.

A mini promo started over the weekend.
I reckon they realized how dated the content will be if they hold off till next year.
I really believe they should stick to once a year and rotate (Melbourne or Sydney) and extend each season to 20 episodes.

I think rotating a year gap between seasons is far too long. They have left Melbourne too long as it is and it will suffer now as a result. The momentum has dropped off. I agree on more episodes though. 1 season with more episodes is what they need.

They were showing repeats of season 3 on Foxtel last night and I was thinking wow that was 1.5 years ago now. It’s just too long and the relationships/dramas between everyone involved will have completely changed or shifted now. It will be like starting all over again.

Herald Sun says the new season of The Real Housewives of Melbourne will premiere on Wednesday December 6 at 8.30pm AEDT.

2 Likes

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MELBOURNE - SEASON 4

Premieres Wednesday 6 December at 8:30pm AEDT on Foxtel’s Arena

The Melbourne Housewives return for their fourth season with more outrageous accusations, scandalous gossip, bigger bling and jaw-dropping surprises along the way, premiering Wednesday December 6 at 8:30pm on Foxtel’s Arena and available to stream on demand following the broadcast.

With the departure of Susie McLean, Pettifleur Berenger and Chyka Keebaugh, discover what the other housewives have been up to; especially now two new women have joined Gina Liano, Janet Roach, Jackie Gillies, Lydia Schiavello and Gamble Breaux.

This year, the ladies are joined by former magazine editor, homewares queen and hotelier, Sally Bloomfield plus glamorous lawyer and Persian beauty Venus Behbahani-Clark.

Watch them shake things up, rattle the jewellery and roll with the punches as they’re thrown deep into the diamond-cladded ring of the Melbourne Housewives!

The entertaining 12-part one hour soap-doc provides an insider view of the lifestyles of the wealthy and extravagant women with a revealing insight into their world. With a backdrop of exotic settings and high end events, nothing is off limits as the Housewives navigate love, family, marriage, health and friendship.

Now in its fourth season, the series has made household names of Melbourne’s Housewives and catapulted them into the spotlight with the show becoming Arena’s highest rating production. The series has become an international hit, airing in the US during primetime on Bravo, as well as screening on itvBe in the UK and on Slice in Canada.

The series is once again produced by Matchbox Pictures, part of NBC Universal International Television Production, in conjunction with Foxtel.

2 Likes

I hope we get a trailer soon, I also hope the 12 episode count does not include a 2 part reunion.

Trailer - doesn’t show much:

https://www.arenatv.com.au/shows/the-real-housewives-of-melbourne/video/your-first-look-at-season-4/

1 Like

Well all I needed was a short promo to get me pumped up for the season again! The cast shots are looking good. Can’t wait to have it back!

I just really hope that Foxtel know what they are doing with this show. Maybe they have just decided to take a risk to test a new night at a less competitive time of the year? They also possibly might be wanting to see how well Melbourne actually does now to decide wether to commit to doing another season for next year or not. I think Beverly Hills should be starting up again soon too… maybe they think both will work together.

12 episodes plus a 2 part reunion would be a good length season. Any shorter than that though would be disappointing after waiting this long. Surely the show will take at least a couple weeks break over Christmas and New Years so should at least run right through to end of Feb / early March.

2 Likes

I think it is weird to send a press release that lists the name of previous cast members, it adds no value and strange they list their names first.

Why not something like

This year your favorite ladies from Melbourne Gina Liano, Janet Roach, Jackie Gillies, Lydia Schiavello and Gamble Breaux are joined by former magazine editor, homewares queen and hotelier, Sally Bloomfield plus glamorous lawyer and Persian beauty Venus Behbahani-Clark.

Probably being overly critical, but just really feeling like this show has been absolutely mishandled this year.