The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

Wow that finale ended with a bang. I love when Matty gets fired up and storms out of an event (which has happened twice now) as her anger seems more genuine than some of the the others who are playing up to cameras. I can’t believe that Lisa actuly pushed her. Lisa should be grateful that Matty threw that glass on the ground and not at her! I also laughed at the drag queens in the background filming the whole the altercation on their phones.

Agreed. Sydney is terrible!

You’re terrible, Muriel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Desperate attention seekers.

Lisa and David Oldfield’s ‘terrible’ Kyle and Jackie O stunt
Lisa and David Oldfield made a bizarre appearance on the Kyle and Jackie O show this morning, casting more light on their dysfunctional relationship — and submitting to a listener phone-in about whether or not they should stay together.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lisa-and-david-oldfields-terrible-kyle-and-jackie-o-stunt/news-story/13170e3dcb5ba0b49d0588bba63d702d

1 Like

###The Real Housewives of Melbourne

SEASON 4 CAST ANNOUNCED

Pop the champagne corks and get ready for some fireworks as Foxtel confirms The Real Housewives of Melbourne are set to return for a fiery fourth season. The sophisticated and affluent women of Melbourne will introduce two new glamorous Housewives Venus Behbahani-Clark and Sally Bloomfield to our screens.

Returning Housewives include Gamble Breaux – 46 year old former art consultant married to Dr. Rick Wolfe and step-mother to Luke; Jackie Gillies – 36 year old professional psychic married to Silverchair drummer Ben Gillies; Gina Liano - 50 year old criminal barrister and single mother of two; Janet Roach – 58 year old property developer and mother of two children and three step-children; and Lydia Schiavello – 48 year old lover of interior design, food and skiing, mother of three children and three step-children.

Joining these dynamic women is Venus Behbahani-Clark – 35 year old married mother of two is Persian born grew up in Italy migrating to Australia in the 80’s. Venus is a lawyer; incredibly competitive, opinionated, smart and confident. She is currently working on her own line of contouring cosmetics. Venus and her husband James own property in Melbourne, Dubai and Lake Como.

Also joining the cast is Sally Bloomfield - 51 year old widow and mother of two. Sally owns a homewares store Bloomfield and Webber in Barwon Heads on the Bellarine Peninsula and a boutique hotel in Bali which she is now in the process of renovating. Sally is set to launch her accessories range, Bloomfield - focussing on sunglasses and handbags later this year.

The women of Melbourne are sure to provide plenty of memorable moments, scandalous gossip, outrageous accusations and jaw-dropping surprises along the way. Exotic locations and lavish parties will set the scene for the next instalment of The Real Housewives of Melbourne.

The 10-part one-hour series is produced by Matchbox Pictures, part of NBCUniversal International Television Production, in conjunction with Foxtel, The Real Housewives of Melbourne is the first Australian instalment of the world’s number one lifestyle reality franchise and will air on Foxtel’s Arena channel at a date to be announced.

1 Like

So glad to see most of the Melbourne Housewives return, I feel so much more invested in them than the Sydney housewives who are all pretty much disposable. I do think Chyka going is a massive loss to the show though but lets see how the new ladies fit in. Sally does give me a bit of a Chyka vibe. That Venus lady also looks a lot like Pettifleur in those photos.

Please don’t tell me after waiting all this time for another season that it is only going to be 10 episodes? That makes it one of the shortest seasons, even Sydney was longer. It should be at least 12 + reunion IMO.

I was hoping the new castings would have some significant connections to the existing cast, nothing mentioned in the press release but I am still hopeful. I assume Foxtel doesn’t have the ability or make the choice to film both series concurrently. I imagine we will get an air date of Q3 or Q4.

I too am confused by the episode count, I would assume it is a profitable production for Foxtel so surely they could at least do 13 episode seasons. Maybe they need to look to the producers, if you can only get a 90 minutes episode for the Sydney reunion out of that season’s content then you really are not doing your job properly. I think that is the benefit in the US by using a trained journalist to host the reunions they can do far more than follow the auto cue should the conversation lead in a different direction.

Alex Perry is great at what he does - fashion, but maybe try someone else. I think Gretel Killeen would even be good, her demonstrated ability to think on the spot with Big Brother was amazing.

A Sydney renewal should be done soon, they started filming in July 2016 on season 1. There seems a significant division in the cast now, so they should be utilising that to fuel season 2 stories.

I’m confused about the Melbourne filming time lines. I thought it had started back in March but from everything I’m reading it seems like it’s just started, which is pretty much in line with when they filmed it in previous years. So I’m wondering if we will get it before the end of the year or if it will be held of until Feb 2017.

I guess they could film Melbourne from May-August and Sydney from September-December. I’m not sure if they are doing another Auckland season as well as it’s the same production company. IT all seems a bit over the place. They need to just focus on 1 or 2 max of these and do them well with more episodes.

I feel like the lower episode order is due to cost. I’d say some of the salaries for the show would be a factor.

Glad to see two new housewives that hopefully bring a lot to the table. The housewives are all filming their commentary scenes at the moment so unless the production schedule slots them in between the “events” I’d say it’s nearing completion for a later year release?
It’s listed as October- February launch within advertising circles. So could be either at this stage.

I wonder if the episode count is flexible. i.e. depending on what content they get. They possibly plan for 10 + 2 reunion episodes but if they feel the need make it 11 + 1 reunion episode they can.

Possibly!

1 Like

There are plans to expand to a Gold Coast edition. No reason why they can’t expand to a second production team if the shows are popular and can be sold overseas.

I am not sure of the Australian filming but normally the commentary is filmed at least 3 times during filming including once production has ceased.

I believe Melbourne has been filming for around 6 weeks, which is early than normal, I can not see them filming through to October/November if its only 10 Episodes, I would expect a 12-14 week production meaning they will not be showing Spring Carnival etc.

I can’t see cost being a massive issue for the number of re-runs they schedule each week it provides a lot of content, If cost is an issue, I am also sure at least 2 of the free to air networks would happily pick it up as second run content similar to goggle box to allowing more episodes, which also increases the profitability through international sales and VOD services. I know Hayu in the UK carry Melbourne housewives.

Now he tells us. :wink:

1 Like

This article makes me so happy, especially the fact where the two referenced housewives were very obviously behaving to remain relevant and seeing themselves as indispensable to the series. Some of their behavior was atrocious. Whilst Housewives are known for the drama, the premise of this series is that their lifestyles are meant to be somewhat of something to aspire too.

I look forward to Season 2, where I expected the entire cast to return, but now hopefully not.

I am doubting that there will be a season 2. It would require a massive cast shake up and I think matchbox should just focus on Melbourne or give Gold Coast a go instead.

Why do you have to be so anti-Sydney. :rolling_eyes: They will likely do all three. Just watch Melbourne and let other people watch the others.

Sydney will come back for a Season 2, the media attention it has generated is amazing, be it good or bad. The new castings for Melbourne have barely created a ripple.

The article references Bravo won’t air Sydney, but it is available on Hayu internationally and their are some hilarious bloggers that have recapped it from the US. Melbourne was not considered a ratings success for Bravo.

As I have said before if Foxtel are smart they should really own the Sunday Night timeslot and have 3 series (13 eps each) ready to go so that when one finishes the other commences. There are also some chances for some organic crossovers.

2 Likes

Do you watch them both? If not don’t comment on my opinion of either of them.

You’ve got a chip on your shoulder, mate. You don’t have to keep knocking Sydney and Sydneysiders. Watch what you like and let other people enjoy both or either one.