The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

Next week it looks like the drama gets physical (well I guess it has already the way Lisa pushed Matty away at the gallery the other week). The preview shows Victoria throwing a napkin in Athena X’s face at dinner. Athena X then retaliates by throwing her drink at her.

The level of nastiness and bitchiness between these women is going to a whole new level. It feels like it’s Lisa and Athena vs Krissie, Victoria and Nicole with Matty and Melissa kinda sititng in the middle of it all.

Athena X is a psycho. She can dish it out but can’t take it. She makes out that she does nothing wrong, for example; the night of her art work exhibition. She started that argument between her, Krissie, Nicole and Matty. Then when Lisa arrives she’s acting like she’s the victim.

Matty would have to be my favourite housewife

Agree that Athena is a psycho but Victoria is pretty nasty too. She seems to just hate on peoppe with little reason.

Matty is my overall fave as well.

Strange they filmed the reunion some time ago, one of the great things about the US reunions (usually filmed about a month before they air) is that the “Housewives” have received a fair bit of viewer feedback on social media. Then again Alex Perry doesn’t have the same charisma or wit as Andy Cohen so they are a let down anyway.

Also silly of Foxtel to not invest in having Melbourne ready to launch immediately off the back of Sydney. They could have easily utilised a crossover episode of sorts, given the supposed cast connections.

I’m pretty sure the first Melbourne reunion was filmed after a few episodes had aired, so the likes of Lydia and Andrea had a bit of an idea how they were perceived. It was still before they got really nasty and the public got behind Gina though. I think the later seasons were filmed pretty far in advanced too though.

I agree they are better when they’ve seen a bit of viewer reaction. I guess cos we do much less episodes than the US one they want to wrap it all up not long after they’ve finished filming.

Herald Sun reports today that Sally Bloomfield could be the second new addition to the Real Housewives of Melbourne. She is a former interior designer and established The Albany and Bloomfield boutique hotel in South Yarra.

I am assuming the attendance of certain Melbourne “Housewives” at the Logies on Sunday night confirms who is coming back for next Season.

Yeah I assumed the same thing. No Chyka, Pettifleur or Susie. Chyka and Susie already confirmed not coming back so can prob add Pettifleur to that too. I am also assuming Pettifleur took on Hells Kitchen instead of housewives.

Given they are currently filming the Melbourne season I would assume the Logies will be covered on the show as well.

Last season of Melbourne was so heavily “manufactured” I hope any new castings are a little more organic. The producers need to realize that viewers don’t watch these shows to see the “Events” its about the lead up to them including drama, fall outs etc. We do not need a party every episode.

By manufactured do you mean the argument between Lydia/Chyka that we never really were told what it was about (even though I’m pretty sure what it was about as I had personally heard those rumours)?

I actually find Melbourne to be less manufactured and a lot more real than the Sydney one. Sydney has been great fun to watch but they have literally thrown a bunch of women who barely know each other together that just try to out bitch each other every time they meet. I find Melbourne has a lot better balance of getting to the know the Housewives on a more personal level and when there is drama I feel I care more or take a side (as it’s not just constant bitchiness for the sake of it like Sydney). I also feel the Melbourne Housewives friendships to be a lot more genuine than Sydney. I know the Melbourne one has been going longer so that would naturally be the case but nobody seems to really gel within the Sydney cast, even the ones who claim to be friends prior to this.

Every man and his dog knows what that argument was about.

Manufactured as in each interaction was an event as opposed to them spending time with one another. I haven’t watched much of Sydney though either, but from what I have read it appears the housewives have formed friendships as a result of the show.

The first season of Melbourne, I felt featured more real moments even with the planted introductions such as Janet meeting Jackie. I find the better interactions the ones where they are in contact outside of the show, such as Susie & Lydia having history.

I don’t and neither would my dog, if I had one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Pettifleur Berenger told the producers of The Real Housewives of Melbourne last week that she is quitting the show according to the Sunday Herald Sun.

I thought they had already been filming for at least a month or two? So im supposedly she only supposedly just quit. I reckon she"s saying that but probably got the chop and

You obviously havn’t watched much of Sydney then. Almost every interaction is at an event and it’s where they always argue and bicker. It feels like almost every Sydney housewife has put on some sort of charity event this season.

Also I doubt many of these Housewives in Sydney have formed close friendships outside the show. The only ones who seem to have a real genuine friendship are Krissy and Victoria but they were good friends before the show. Lisa and Athena X claim to be good friends but that only seems to be for the cameras and backing each other up when arguing with Victoria. Melbourne relationships feel much more genuine. Llike Chyka/Susie/Jackie/Janet you could tell became genuinely close, Gina and Gamble as well… and even Lydia and Gina these days post stuff on social media together off filming.

Also next weeks Sydney looks like another explosive one. The preview shows Lisa Oldfield physically push Matty who retaliates by throwing her drink at her. This is about the third time arguments have got physical this season. These ladies are violent!

1 Like

Its almost as if you are discussing Sydney and not Melbourne. Way too much manufacturing in Sydney as opposed to Melbourne.

2 Likes

I’ve missed out on this forum. Sorry for the late catch up… I’ve binged watch RHOS in the last few days. Going by what I’ve seen the show kind of revolves around Victoria & Krissy and if you don’t fit in with them your despised by them. I could’t stop laughing when Victoria through Athena X’s cape (fishing net) into the water from that bar on top of the overseas passenger terminal. But IMO I like the Melbourne one much more then Sydney.

Melbourne has class, Sydney are just trash

3 Likes

It always comes down to Melbourne vs Sydney for those who feel inferior. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok so after the feedback I got on my opinion, I decided to watch another RHOS episode over the weekend. Certainly just as contrived as Melbourne. I believe it was the second last episode of the season, one of the housewives, Victoria I think seemed to only be in attendance for contractual obligations and had no intention of entering into any conversation that she did not agree with and 2 of the housewives (Lisa & Athena) are very much just trying to stir the pot to remain relevant with the latter seeming more unhinged than the former. Melissa Tkautz displayed all the personality of the pet rock I had as a child.

How do the Sydney ratings compare to the most recent Melbourne season ?

I think Foxtel should look on replicating the Gogglebox broadcasting deal with a free to air network for it’s Real Housewives Franchises, obviously production costs are what prevent longer seasons & or filming in multiple cities simultaneously. Surely with the right casting the show can be profitable for at least 18 episodes per season (including reunions).