The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

Well that all came out in this weeks episode. I don’t know what to believe but it seems a bit suss Gina supposedly sitting on this for days. Unless she didn’t really care about the comment initially and has only decided to make a thing of it now that she’s at war with Sally. It’s a bit suss too that it wasn’t caught on camera (or shown) but quite a few times things aren’t shown on camera. Like last season they never mentioned exactly what Chyka’s issue was with Lydia, and even this episode they were all going on about how tragic Gamble was acting the night before but we barely saw anything of that either. Even in the first season they didn’t show the footage of that notorious C word being used until the reunion. Maybe they will keep it as a bombshell till then.

At the end of the day Gamble and Gina have an issue and I don’t think anything that Gina has said about her is that bad. When you have a fight with someone most people are going to vent and bitch about them to others. I find Sally hypocritical because when Gina made the comment about marrying for money Sally sat there and laughed. Sally only then made a deal of it once her and Gina had an argument. I also think Gina is right too - most of those women would not marry someone who didn’t have money. It’s the truth.

Sally stirring the pot is nothing new it’s what the housewives do. Sally taking on the ‘Queen’ Gina has made some great scenes for the show this season.
Lydia backing up a Gina saying she heard Sally call Gina a wog bitch was a big fat lie, apparently she has since apologised to Sally.
Venus saying Gina doesn’t lie Janet said to her are you on drugs!:joy:
Sally has said on twitter production has confirmed no such words were never used during the entire shooting of season 4,if it was said off camera we will never know.

1 Like

Next Wednesday (Feb 14) is the season final of RHOM. I’m guessing the following week will be the reunion special

So another year break for Melbourne/cancellation?
I doubt Gina will return next season. She’s in damage control

Gina is fine. She is Melbourne.

Im sure theyll be back. Happy to hear Sydney is filming if thats happening.

Really? What has been said? I don’t see the point of doing Sydney again unless they completely overhaul the cast. To do one season and then take such a big break before the other you kind of lose interest. The gap between Melbourne was long enough but viewers had a stronger relationship with the Melb ladies to want to come back too.

I don’t think she is in damage control. The season finale actually made Gina look a lot better compared to a couple of weeks ago IMO. Janet came across as this crazy nasty aggressive trash bag at the dinner. Then Sally sitting there speaking to Gina the way she did when Gina wasn’t even responding made Sally look really bad. Plus the way that Gina has been posting on social media about the reunion make it seem like she’s pretty confident Sally’s true colours come out tonight. The preview shows her calling Gina a C#$!. The more Sally behaves like this the more it looks like she could have said what Gina claims.

The producers would do anything to get Gina back and that is probably at the expense of Janet. Janet has been going around in the media tonight that she wanted to quit anyway and they bring that up in tonights episode. There’s just too much bad blood and history between Janet/Lydia/Gina so remove Janet from the scenario and I think the dynamic of the group would change. I’m not sure what they would do about Sally but I’m sure they could push on, they barely know each other.

I like Sally. Gina and Lydia are disgusting! Just watch the episode where Gina is having her nails done and Sally’s words calling her a bully ring true. She bullies the woman doing her nails. At least Gina has entertainment value, Lydia is just a waste of space. I don’t agree that Janet misbehaved at the dinner in last episode. She reacted to the rude comments of Venus, imo obviously set up by Gina.

1 Like

@jag3146 That’s what Gina does get someone else to do her dirty work for her, Venus was a absolute joke didn’t like her at all,she attacked Janet first at the dinner and Janet told her what she really thinks about her lifestyle. lol.
Loved Janet but l can’t see her returning for another season she looks really fed up with Gina & Lydia, and Venus.Jackie was a piss weak friend to Janet at the dinner trying to keep sweet with Gina.
Sally was being honest about Gina’s behaviour this season,Gina thinks she can say whatever she wants about other housewives but when they give back to her like Sally and Janet did this season she can’t take it. Her childish behaviour at the dinner mainly ignoring Sally and Janet was ridiculous.
Gina has a huge social media following and that makes her ego even bigger.
She doesn’t want Sally and Janet back so she deliberately tried to ignore Sally and Janet in the season finale.

1 Like

I really like Venus this season. Venus made a passing comment that wasn’t even that bad (respect my elders) and is a fact (Janet is older). Janet then went down the superficial route of criticising how someone looks and digging into her about all aspects of her life. It really put me off Janet, she just came across as a bitter trashy woman this season. Venus had a much more positive attitude.

Well that’s one of the prerequisites to be a housewife. :laughing:
Venus was deliberately provoking Janet with the age comment, as we know it’s always mentioned by Lydia that Janet is old.

1 Like

Foxtel have really dropped the ball on this. The series must no longer be profitable for them. I would have thought Melbourne would do ok due to international sales, but given the time it takes them in post production I am starting to think these series will never return.

Do you freak out often?

The Real Housewives of Melbourne just finished in February. The Real Housewives of Sydney were looking for new participants in November last year.

Only over the cancellation of your beloved Winners & Losers especially before it received the critical acclaim it so richly deserved. I will save my next freak out for when Netflix announces its revival à la Arrested Development.

But since you have taken the time of of your very busy and important day to respond to me and my worries about my favorite local housewives, my concerns are that it is almost 2 years since they filmed RHOS, and around a year since RHOM filmed, I would have thought some form of renewal would be announced by now given that Foxtel/Matchbox send out a PR before filming commences.

1 Like

I’m trying to keep up and I’ve heard reports that Sydney filmed recently, is that true?

Any word on when Melbourne is filming?

I dont think either have filmed another season.

If there was going to be another season this is the time of year they would typically be close to filming. Hopefully hear news soon.

Since I last posted I did hear some gossip, though I have no idea how reliable it is.

Apparently Melbourne is filming next month with Pettifleur back on board and Arena has gone back on their word for season two of Sydney (I actually thought something had already been filmed, but maybe not).

I really hope that isn’t true about Sydney. I love Lisa & Athena but if it was true they would have got axed anyway I’m not sure how much I would have enjoyed it.

I wish Matchbox would relinquish the rights or some production company could pick up the slack. I really wanted more seasons of Sydney & Auckland.

1 Like

The first episode last season was the Logies, so the timing makes sense.

I really wish they’d film another season of RHOS too. It was such a bitchy/trashy show. I loved it!

From the Daily Telegraph - I think the link is broken now, but the crux of it is:

Sources close to the controversial reality show have told Confidential that several cast members have been contacted about the show’s return.
One insider said schedules for filming were currently being worked out.
“Several members of the cast got calls late last week discussing the second season,” the insider said.
“Foxtel has signed on to air the show after back-and-forth discussions with the production team.
“At this stage it looks like production will not recommence until early 2019.”

1 Like

I really hope they are filming Melbourne this year. There doesn’t need to be another break, but I’m not keen to see Sydney return at all.

1 Like

Theres no reason to have such long breaks between seasons. Melbourne needs to start filming soon if they ever want it back. Any long gaps will just lose audience.

Sydney I’m guessing will have to be almost a complete relaunch with new cast if they do it again. Whats the point in doing a second season over 2-2.5 years later? Go do something new instead like Gold Coast or just get onto Melb.

2 Likes