The Project

4 Likes

Much prefer Chris in a format like this than presenting the news, she also excels in interviewing and reporting on topics she is clearly passionate about.

4 Likes

I would love to see Chris permanently replace Lisa Wilkinson on The Project. She has great chemistry with PVO , Tommy and Susie. The reports she has done for the show have been fabulous and have had a lot more substance than Wilkinson’s fluff pieces.

5 Likes

Then who reads the news?

1 Like

Hugh. Lachlan.

Chris would probably come much cheaper too. Obviously we don’t know Lisa’s salary exactly, but it does irk me that so many 10 staff have lost their job recently, while Lisa earns possibly $2million+ for two days work a week. And I know The Project is produced externally but the money still comes from 10/Viacom at some point, and given Chris is such an outstanding presenter it’s hard to value Lisa so high.

Not sure this would happen but what I’d quite like to see is the local news bulletins run Sunday to Thursday, then Chris could present the national bulletin Friday and Saturday night, plus the Sunday Project

1 Like

Just about all the other networks (at least from a Sydney perspective) run Sunday-Thursday presenter rosters for their news bulletins these days, so it’d be good to see 10 News First follow that trend in the future.

What I’m not so sure about is whether Sunday-Thursday local production costs more (due to bringing in people on a Sunday, etc.) than sticking to a Monday-Friday roster.

1 Like

Lisa Wilkinson will be back hosting on Friday and Sunday this week.
Also Dr Chris Brown will be filling in for PVO on Friday and most likely Sunday this week.

5 Likes

The Daily Mail has rehashed stories from New Idea and Woman’s Day claiming that Melissa Doyle is poised to sign up to join The Sunday Project, “alongside ‘her good friend Lisa Wilkinson’”.

Is Rove McManus actually an executive producer of The Project? I thought he had next to nothing to do with the show these days.

He ha nothing to do with the running of the snow

If he did surely it would snow more often!

There’s already too much snow in television. :wink:

I shouldn’t reply when I’m half asleep and have pain medication!

1 Like

Please no. Ditch Lisa altogether.

Carrie’s interview with the New Zealand PM tonight.

Screenshot_20200930-180235~2

2 Likes

No need to wait until The Project, Karl and Ally already interviewed her on Today 10 hours ago and asked the question.

2 Likes

Oh really well a bigger audience to watch this interview tonight on 10 !

3 Likes

So did Sunrise. (Which was really odd. But that’s for another thread).

Screenshot_20201003-090357~2

1 Like

Who are any of these people?

2 Likes