The Project

Today was the third consecutive day that The Project 7pm was 10’s top rated show. Today’s 7.30 offering The Challenge lost 120k from The Project’s lead in. So commentary that The Project is dragging down 10’s prime time doesn’t hold up to the evidence.

2 Likes

Peter Ford on Sarah: “more than competent” - high praise - “won’t be dominated by the woke brigade”

Prominent Australian entertainment reporter Peter Ford told Yahoo Lifestyle Sarah Harris was a “great choice” to replace Carrie.

“Getting Sarah Harris is a great get for them,” he said.

"She’s been presenting Studio 10, which is a long-haul show, and she copes really well. I have no doubt she’ll be more than competent on The Project desk.

“She won’t be dominated by the woke brigade, she’s a reasonable and calm journalist – she’s an excellent choice.”

… the rumours that Peter Helliar will also leave were confirmed last night.

“It was actually a resignation handed in last week and they asked him not to announce it, because Lisa was going and effective immediately and they wanted to give her that space,” entertainment reporter Peter Ford told 6PR Breakfast hosts Millsy & Karl.

:roll_eyes:

“woke” is the new “political correctness gone mad” retort

8 Likes

But the thing is Walleed is the wokest part of the show but secretly he’s right wing.

I don’t think it’s all that secret.

1 Like

Looking forward to Peter Ford calling Sarah woke in 4-6 months time then.

10 Likes

Unfortunately had to endure listening to him on 4BC this morning when he gave a report to the breakfast team on The Project. Among other things he said that Lisa Wilkinson shouldn’t complain because it wasn’t like she was in a Russian concentration camp (or something to that effect). Where does he get this hatred from, because it was pretty clearly coming from a real hatred, despite claiming to respect her?

Fortunately he was rebuffed by Laurel Edwards who took issue with what he said - good for her, which was particularly notable for being out of character. Actually, the whole segment was out of character for a usually fairly positive program.

8 Likes

I seem to get the impression there’s a few media writers that don’t like 10

There’s no doubt Lisa was very committed to the role as evidenced by the amount of travel and reporting she did for the show. She wasn’t just a talking head at the desk.

However, nobody wants to hear someone on a multi million dollar contract bitch and moan about how tough they have it. Some of her viewers are juggling family with taxing jobs they’ve had to endure for decades with little choice and for far less remuneration. I think that’s why some have turned on her.

9 Likes

Seems like the attacks have been coming ever since she left Nine and dared to negotiate a favourable contract with 10. Peter Ford was still going on about it this morning with “some reports suggest $xxx per month”.

6 Likes

Many in the media get upset, or are annoyed because Ten have a policy of not confirming “scoops” when requested to comment, resulting in Ten often releasing a press release to all, or alternatively the release information to an alternate publication.

he was doing it on 3AW the other day as well.

2 Likes

Any article that can be written to attack Ten and/or The Project is like instant clickbait. That dopamine rush that media can’t ignore.

And then the same media asks unironically “why does The Project get so much media coverage” :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Without commenting on any particular network, you will often find media writers reflect how they are treated by PR people.

5 Likes

News.com.au running an opinion piece by a freelance journalist on the “disappointing” appointment of Harris because she is a mother of 2 that lives on the lower north shore, refers to the original hosts as “Hughsey, Carrie & Waleed”, case in point of media organisations using The Project as Clickbait.

If you have any knowledge of Harris’s upbringing, you would know the perspective she brings is so much more than that.

13 Likes

He comes across as a really spiteful and hateful bitch in my view, even if his ‘gets’ are good.

On The Project, the exodus of the panel isn’t a bad thing in my mind as it provides new opportunities. Sarah Harris is great and will do good stuff I’m sure.

Perhaps I just don’t watch as frequently anymore but it feels like the show really lacks consistency with the panel, feels like everytime I turn it on the ‘regulars’ aren’t there.

6 Likes

Are all four of them equal co-hosts, or does the program have two levels of hosting? Unless all four of them are equal co-hosts, the regular (I guess) proper host(s) need to maintain higher standards in the way they present opinions and analysis to build better connection to more of the potential audience and hopefully pick up extra viewers that have dropped over the years.

The same type of thing they rail against - woke garbage. I don’t care where someone lives whether it is Vaucluse or Hoxton Park, she does her job well.

Also she’s broadcast from her place a few times during the pandemic and it didn’t look that big. It looked like an apartment to me.

1 Like
4 Likes

No chat with Sarah?

1 Like