The Project

Tara Rushton filled in for Carrie tonight.

4 Likes

What was the deal with tonight’s story about rugby players and concussion. Important issue, sure, but almost identical to a similar story (with a different player) barely 24 hours before? Seemed very odd to have extremely similar stories on consecutive nights.

1 Like

There’s been a few times lately that it seemed the Sunday team doesn’t speak to the weekday team and vice versa. Tommy has even run with the same gag from the same clip as Dave Thornton more than once.

2 Likes

Carrie’s over in London again this week for some interviews, including George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Mel C.

1 Like

Abbie Chatfield will be back at the desk on Sunday’s show according to promo shown tonight during Shaun Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod. Guests include Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, and Ozzy Osborne.

1 Like

Promo

2 Likes

Carrie is supposedly in the UK doing celeb interviews I think she’s going to be doing a lot more now with this big breaking news.

6 Likes

Do you think Abbie will continue this rhetoric on Sunday night when shes on the desk or will she toe the line like she did the Andrew Tate convo?

1 Like

Why do people care what she thinks?

8 Likes

Hamish and Lisa the only hosts tonight in a darker lighting theme. Looks good.

A shame they aren’t using the 10 reporters to cross live. Their using that Lucy Macdonald.

It’s better when we hear it from an Australian perspective.

Lisa is also heading to London after tonight’s show.

Regular Project viewers will recognize their regulars used tonight, it’s also a good chance for 10’s team to take a break as needed after rolling coverage all day / the time difference.

Lucy has been their correspondent for years - and I disagree on this occasion that it needed to be from an Australians perspective and would say her local insight is welcomed. No point flying someone in just for the sake of it if they can’t add something of value to the coverage.

Latika is with the SMH & Age, and it was also nice to see Kathy Lette used for commentary who would be familiar to Aussies also.

6 Likes

I totally agree. They did also have an Australian journalist, Latika Bourke, to give that Australian in London perspective so it was well balanced.

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post also.

1 Like

The Ten News reporters are probably taking a breather as they’ve probably been flat out across the day, and as others have said Lucy Macdonald is a familiar face to the show. I’m not really a fan of Kathy Lette but I thought she provided a great perspective, as an Aussie, as opposed to the usual string of politicians that we’ve seen trotted out over the last 24 hours.

2 Likes

That was a really good segment.

2 Likes

I’ve heard KRudd tell the lunch date corgi story about 57 times across all networks today. He did again tonight on The Project.

2 Likes

You must have a lot of spare time on your hands.

1 Like

Similar presenting style tonight with Hamish and Rachel Corbett. Lisa is outside Buckingham Palace.
https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/status/1568879814026694656

4 Likes

Nice to hear the more sombre theme music.

2 Likes