The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Why does Lisa have to interview everyone? Rove has great interviewing skills as well. He did have the most successful chat show for a number of years and even won some gold logies for it. Sometimes you need to match the interviewer with the guest. Rove is perfect for David Attenborough.

4 Likes

Lisa has an exclusive interview with Melbourne Cup winning jockey (and part time trainer) Michelle Payne, and Rachel Griffiths, on The Sunday Project tomorrow, talking about the biopic Ride Like a Girl starring Teresa Palmer as Payne.

3 Likes

Oh ok that explains why Rove is doing the interview then at first l thought he was a odd choice.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I barely remember her. Interesting an interview someone who has not made really
Any indent on racing …:shushing_face::shushing_face:

Sunday -

Susie Youssef and Magda Szubanski joining Hamish and Lisa tonight.

5 Likes

The Sunday Project had an interview with Opposition Leader Bill Shorten and a report on the federal budget tonight. That package was accompanied by vision of the Treasurer’s interview with Chris Ulhman on Channel 9 today… despite PVO having his own interview which aired on 10 News First earlier. I thought that was strange.

Magda was great.

1 Like

Was that the Today Show footage they used? Perhaps the PVO stuff on 10 wasn’t made available in time for when they put the package together earlier in the day.

1 Like

Or the treasurer said better things in the Today interview?

2 Likes

Sunday -

Friday -
Yvie Jones on the panel.

2 Likes

I’d be interested to know if you guys have any theories on this one;

7 Likes

It feels like a breakfast or afternoon TV show in a prime time slot. I don’t think anyone comes home from work and thinks “I can’t wait to watch The Project tonight”.
The switch from seriousness (often emotional) stories to then comedy . . it just feels a little messy, and there is a lot of attention on the hosts and their opinions, which will always alienate the audience.

5 Likes

Interesting. With Studio 10 we would often have to change gears and go from serious to light (or vice versa) but it seemed to work… maybe things are different with morning tv?

1 Like

The most talked about show in general conversation amongst family, friends and at work is probably Married at First Sight. The Project getting huge spikes of chatter, then next to nothing for a couple of weeks or more doesn’t make it the most talked about show on television, I think.

OK, it’s certainly at least one of the most talked about shows on television, especially in the media.

2 Likes

But isn’t it the most talked about show on television only when it has a editorial on a current event or when it scores a major exclusive interview with a big name person?

I think you guys are missing the point. Have you read the article?

2 Likes

No, I don’t think the genre is the problem- it is important for 10 to provide an alternative. And, in fact, I believe they have tamed how frequently they discuss their opinions on topics (like Studio 10) or the editorials.

The 6.30 portion struggles because of a weak lead-in (which has a flow on effect) and going against the 6pm News. In saying that, when big news events happen- The Project doesn’t do rolling or special coverage!!??

The whole show skews at a younger demo than the news or ACA- just like the network- which means it is on brand. :+1: But, when the 55+ demo is the greatest proportion to watch TV, isn’t it counterintuitive not to tailor to them? However, a change in audience marketed to would involve a total re-write of the show.

Would love to know the ratings for each demo for The Project vs ACA or something… to see if they come out on top.

I heard this on your podcast and disagree. People are watching it they are just not watching it live on tv. The facebook views are unbelievable. And no that might not be making them money at this stage but we all know you would rather have the most talked about show than not. Those responses are drawing people to 10’s socials which helps to advertise other shows and keeps their sponsors happy too. 10 just need to work out how they are going they are going to make money from the online views. Perhaps something like The Project brought to you by… when first seeing the video.

3 Likes

Now that’s a smart way to monetise these viral clips! 10’s new sales team should absolutely go to market and pitch branding on all social media content. I love that as it solves one of my biggest issues in that it’s great to go viral but it’s not making them any money.

3 Likes