The Morning Show

Monday 1 April -

Sally Obermeder co-hosting with Larry.

EDIT -
Kylie returned on Tuesday this week.

3 Likes

Hallelujah.

2 Likes

TMS and TDE have been advertising new websites but when you enter them, they take you to the 7News.com.au site and the appropriate page for the respective shows.

1 Like

With Larry at the Good Friday Appeal in Melbourne, Ryan Phelan is co-hosting with Kylie today.

4 Likes

4 Likes

The Morning Show beat the TODAY show on Friday.

5 Likes

Peter Ford promoting his appearance tomorrow morning.

(It can’t be Bert and Patti Newton as speculated in some comments on Twitter as they were happily together yesterday according to Patti’s Instagram).

2 Likes

Anzac Day -

5 Likes

I wish they would leave those windows open more often.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, the Sydney Siege arguably affected them more than Sunrise, as they were on-air at the time, causing them to stop using the windows.

2 Likes

I have no words for this post.

I don’t understand.
All I’m saying is that TMS was on air when they Sydney Siege was happening across the street and visible through the windows.
They may feel that it is no longer appropriate to have the windows visible during the show/

It’s still the same location.

True, but they may feel the windows being visible during the show is no longer appropriate (like Sunrise to a certain extent).
TMS or Sunrise don’t even go out onto the plaza as much anymore. I however think they should use it more often.

2 Likes

Even with crosses to the newsroom on Seven News bulletins, instead of having the presenters in front of the window they have them in front of a plasma showing a feed of their newsroom backdrop.

Wouldn’t overly surprise me if Seven decide to call it time on Martin Place once their lease expires. Not just because of the aforementioned potential security issues, but also because the cost of leasing the joint must be sky high (surely in the hundreds of millions for such a prominent inner Sydney city location?)!

3 Likes

Friday 24 May -

Sally Obermeder is co-hosting with Larry.

2 Likes

I agree that they should capitalise on their location and incorporate the glass windows into the set. After all, they are the only morning show that could do this. Sometimes, they leave the overhead blinds up and the sunlight beams through below the ceiling. Despite the problems with glare and heat, it looks great on TV.

1 Like

Monday 10 June -

TMS started at 10am this morning due to the Public Holiday edition of Sunrise.

3 Likes

An amazing milestone- 12 years as number 1 tomorrow. It has only been possible because Larry and Kylie are such a great duo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByzhkpuFE7Z/?igshid=ade97sp77q7b

9 Likes

The ratings success of The Morning Show over 12 years has probably been helped by the lead-in and of course the fact that Kylie & Larry have been the main co-presenters from Day 1, compared to Nine & Ten who in that time have made several changes and even entirely new mid-morning shows (Mornings with Kerri-Anne > Kerri-Anne > Mornings > Today Extra for Nine and 9am with David & Kim > The Circle > nothing > Studio 10 on Ten) in a bid to woo viewers.

9 Likes