Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

What can they do with the Sydney Metro Southwest construction work in full swing?

1 Like

I would’ve thought that it was obvious I was referring to the screen graphics that can be seen in shot with them, they’re hideous.

6 Likes

4 Likes

It was to me. I was having a laugh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

7 publicity is in overdrive this month…

For a “morning show” god that set is dark :confused:
Open the bloody blinds back up!

2 Likes

Sunrise is open, TMS has always been ‘closed’ suppose it’s to differentiate the two.

2 Likes

It doesn’t suit a daytime show though! Makes it very dark and cave like :confused:

2 Likes

It’s better than Today Extra. :hugs:

6 Likes

I think the problem is that the light is harsher at that time and it looks too bright in the background.

1 Like

I know it’s probably too cost prohibitive but I wish they’d test TMS under a Live with Kelly and Ryan format, with a small audience like Studio 10. I think it’d be more watchable than the weird showbiz style show it is now, it’s like watching Entertainment Tonight in the morning.

3 Likes

It’s number one in the ratings and has been for years so I don’t see why they would need to make any changes.

8 Likes

Back to Sunrise now folks.

1 Like

Some food for thought.

Once Susannah Carr retires and steps down as co-presenter of Seven News Perth, Natalie Barr should return home to Western Australia and become co-anchor with Rick Ardon going forward.

This would be similar to career moves made by Ian Ross and Sharyn Ghidella, who both read the news on the Today show on Nine before switching to reading Seven News in Sydney and Brisbane respectively. In the case of the latter, she at first presented on weekends (succeeding Tracey Challenor) in 2007 before being promoted to weeknights in 2013.

It would also clear the decks for Eddy to become the permanent newsreader on Sunrise, while also retaining her role of entertainment presenter. This is similar to how Sally Bowrey juggles both entertainment news and newsreader on Weekend Sunrise.

Wonder how the co-presenting team of Rick Ardon and Natalie Barr in the west would go!

3 Likes

Well she won’t. When the time does come… they will probably go with the following options

• Go solo with Rick (if he stays on)
  • Get Angela Tsun to co-anchor with Rick
  • Get Monika to co—anchor with Rick and get rid of TT to allign to Eastern states.
    Or bring Paula Voce in.
7 Likes

I don’t think Rick will go solo; Perth viewers are probably used to seeing dual anchors on Seven News (it’s also worth noting that this was attempted in Sydney (think Ross Symonds and Ann Sanders) and Melbourne (David Johnston and Anne Fulwood) for little success) and switching to a solo anchor and/or axing TT would be a massive change, though it would put them in line with Nine News, which is one hour long (putting them in line with the rest of the metro Nine News bulletins) and which adopted a solo anchor (Michael Thomson) in January last year.

Regardless, Ardon (either solo or with a new co-anchor, whoever it would be) on Seven will still outrate Thomson on Nine in the long term.

I also think that while Sally Bowrey is well settled in Sydney, I can see her returning home west in the not-too-distant future.

2 Likes

Natalie Barr has been quite settled in Sydney for more than 20 years (possibly closer to 25) now?

A return to the West doesn’t seem likely, although far stranger things have happened before…

9 Likes

She moved to Sydney in 1994, according to Wikipedia. She had previously worked in Los Angeles as well.

She has also (occasionally) presented Sunrise Perth News whenever Matt Tinney is away.

I also had no idea Sharyn Ghidella was a native Queenslander until she moved to Brisbane to present Seven News on weekends in 2007.

3 Likes

Can anyone differentiate between “Sunrise Correspondent” (Nathan Templeton) and “Sunrise Reporter” (David Woiwod)? Both men are basically doing the same thing, reporting news from Melbourne.

The way I see it, though, is that Templeton has a more larger role as some of his reports also pop up on Weekend Sunrise.

1 Like

They will have same responsibilities. It will be just one of the titles will refer to the main or chief reporter in that city and the other reporter is used as a sublet on busy news days; when both are rostered. I would say that correspondent is the senior title- check what Bianca Stone has.

4 Likes