The Masked Singer

Gnome Heads Down The Garden Path.

Matt Preston Is The Sixth Celebrity Unmasked On The Masked Singer Australia.

Australia’s cravat wearing culinary critic, Matt Preston, has been unveiled as the sixth celebrity performer on The Masked Singer Australia.

Despite his magical take on The Monkee’s I’m A Believer, the Gnome was no match for Popcorn’s delicious rendition of Elton John’s Always.

Led by some perplexing clues, Mel B was sure that Gnome was AFL legend Buddy Franklin, Abbie Chatfield hedged her bets on former The Bachelor Australia star, Tim Robards, Dave Hughes was certain it was tennis player and Wimbledon champion, Goran Ivanisevic, and Chrissie Swan continued her winning streak, insisting it was Matt.

After his unmasking, Matt commented on why he decided to join The Masked Singer Australia: “Because it’s so totally wrong… I have no skill in dancing, no skill in singing. It’s one of those moments where you just go, ok, I have to do this. I have to do this.”

Tune in on Sunday for the next round of Australia’s most bonkers singing competition, The Masked Singer Australia.

The Masked Singer Australia. Continues Sunday At 7.30pm.

Chrissie has been amazing

1 Like

My problem is with Hughesy still. He makes the others look relatively sane by comparison. I know that Hughesy is supposed to be the one with the stupid guesses but it becomes tiring afterwards and his silly voices accompanying his guesses is ridiculous.

Chrissie and Mel are fantastic additions.

2 Likes

After tonight’s reveal I’m certainly looking forward to Gary Mehigan making his long awaited ‘return’ to the network next year.

What does this mean? Is he on the MS too?

Considering who was revealed tonight and you know who was revealed as the mop/duster last year, wouldn’t surprise me if it was ever a possibility for next year.

Surprised he was allowed to appear on a rival network, and particularly given his current show. They mentioned MC as well.

Yeah that was the only reason that I wasn’t sure if it was him. I guess this was filmed maybe quite a while after MKR and he was probably only on a very short term contract for that (possibly with production company rather than the network?).

2 Likes

Matt Preston was the last person I would have expected to be revealed tonight; even when the cravats were mentioned. I must not have an ongoing contract with Seven for MKR at this stage.

1 Like

When the promo said a foodie would be unmasked on tonight’s episode, I thought it would be Gary Mehigan. Totally didn’t expect Matt Preston.

I think Matt filmed his stint on this season of MKR first, before joining The Masked Singer.

1 Like

All three additions to the panel have been great. Still waiting for Hughesy to say something remotely funny.

2 Likes

You’re probably going to be waiting a hell of a long time then.

1 Like

The Masked Singer season 4 grand final has been confirmed for Sunday, August 28, with the new season of The Amazing Race Australia to premiere the following night.

Certainly that happened this week - though perhaps more of a “glance” :grinning:

4 Likes

He’s so tricky. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just curious… Abbie thinks Hugh Sheridan is the rooster but was she using the correct pro nouns or saying he?

Yeah… although this is the only time a pronoun was needed with the way she presented her guess.

1 Like

Surely people can’t be expected to just know if someone’s decided to call themselves something different. It’s ganna happen where they’re going to get called what they look like.

1 Like

No I was curious cause Abbie always acts like the woke one

Which is funny because you were claiming that she would be the opposite to that when she was announced.

Quite interesting to hear Abbie quite vocal about being a feminist on The Project this week.

1 Like