The Masked Singer

Bonnie Anderson is again taking over the show’s Twitter account this week during broadcast.

1 Like

The new wild card entering tonight might stay in the competition.

Daniel Doody again live tweeting during the show on 10’s Twitter account.

Microphone is the first wildcard introduced tonight.

It’s great having new masks come in at this stage. Keeps it interesting trying to guess someone new. Microphone can sing!

1 Like

I hope they unmask blowfly tonight, hes painfully obvious

1 Like

Why aren’t they doing a duel tonight?

1 Like

I’m wondering how the reveals work re: the media. Rob McKnight seems to post the revealed person just after the show ends. Does the image get sent out prior to the airing and do some people already know who all of them are?

Zombie Gets A Wiggle On.

Emma Watkins Is The Fifth Celebrity Unmasked On The Masked Singer Australia.

Iconic children’s performer and former Wiggle Emma Watkins, has been unveiled as the fifth celebrity performer on The Masked Singer Australia.

Despite her deadly rendition of Radiohead’s Creep, the Zombie was no match for Mirrorball’s reflective take on Bon Jovi’s Always.

Guided by the cryptic clues, Mel B was convinced that Zombie was Australian actress and singer Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Abbie Chatfield stuck with her previous theory of actress and singer Bec Hewitt, Dave Hughes hedged his bets on Hollywood actress Rachel McAdams, whilst Chrissie continued her winning streak, guessing Emma.

After her unmasking, Emma became emotional, explaining: “I’m really nervous about singing… I grew up as a dancer so I really only learnt to sing through The Wiggles and so I was always very afraid to sing in front of people, so the idea of this show was absolutely perfect. I’m actually very grateful to Zombie, and I owe her everything.”

Tune in tomorrow to see who will be next to “take it off!” on The Masked Singer Australia.

Not sure where others get the info, but an email arrives from 10 as the show closes.

This has to be the second wiggle on this show.

Gnome will make their debut on Tuesday’s episode as a wildcard.

It was only for a particular stage of competition when there were two separate groups. In next Sunday’s episode, the two groups would merge and the six remaining masks would perform together.

No need to fill time because they had a new mask to introduce and that filled the time instead.

2 Likes

Emma Watkins’s rendition of Creep (by Radiohead) was amazing. Shame she was eliminated.

2 Likes

Well that is the better group and she was clearly up against two internationals. So last night was always going to be between her and the Blowfly (aka Shannon Noll) going.

There’s a lot of speculation online about who the Mirroball is but I have an alternative - Sophie Ellis Bexter. There was a clue last night saying “mirror ball is dead”. Could that be a reference to Murder on the Dancefloor?

2 Likes

According to synopsis on 10play’s TV guide, next Monday’s (August 22) episode 8 is the first semi-final:

Another mask is set to come off in the first semifinal of Australia’s highly addictive singing competition. With fresh performances come a bunch of new clues for our superstar guessing panel.

This suggests the grand final of season 4 will be on Sunday, August 28.

They will probably have a behind the scenes special episode again so the final is very likely to be Monday August 29.

…Hughesy is an “average white man.”

Abbie said:

I will defend Dave Hughes until the day that I die.

First of all, I take offence at the term, average man.

Hughesy works so hard… During filming (for The Masked Singer) he was doing his breakfast radio show and coming from that to set to film until 2AM.

Geez, you’d hope there’s more wildcards to come since the current crop of celebrities are both painfully obvious and all Z-list

That was a Unbelievable reveal. I’m all goosebumps. That was good!

1 Like

Chrissy swan really was an inspired choice for this show. Not only is her personality spot on for the show, she has just gotten her third correct guess in a row. She’s nailing it!

Really not minding Abby as well. As a whole I think they did well with this panel refresh.

12 Likes