The Latest

Tuesday 29 September-

Angela Cox is also presenting tonight.

9 Likes

They just need a different desk, something a bit more upright and angular with a vertical plasma on the front. That round desk is such a mismatch to the studio (even on Sunrise).

2 Likes

Wednesday 30th September & Thursday 01st October -

Angela Cox is presenting once again tonight.

11 Likes

New headline graphics I think. No reporters/talent seen on the screens in the opener.

1 Like

6 Likes

The headline text looks like something out of the 80s

9 Likes

Agree, both the text and weight of the line are too thick.

3 Likes

Jesus. Is someone from Prime7 working in The Latest GFX suite today?

3 Likes

I think that’s what they used on the screens behind when the reporters were in the opener. Looked okay at a distance.

1 Like

Back to this tonight

6 Likes

If it was Prime7 they would be using free Premiere Pro template graphics supplied in the software.

They honestly look the god damn same.

1 Like

Angela Cox presenting tonight

5 Likes

As she supposedly does every Monday night now since Mel left

2 Likes

Yes I know, just that sometimes there is a shift (which can be unexpected) between her and Michael

1 Like

The Latest to broadcast special one-hour budget edition

LIVE from 9.20pm (AEDT) tonight on 7 and 7plus

The Latest from 7NEWS will tonight broadcast a special one-hour edition LIVE from 9.20pm (AEDT) with up-to-the-minute analysis of the federal budget – being hailed the most significant spending plan since WWII to save jobs and revive the economy.

Anchor Michael Usher will be joined by 7NEWS political editor Mark Riley and political correspondent Tim Lester in Canberra, and network finance editor Gemma Acton , as they cut through the spin to deliver the most comprehensive and informed budget breakdown and reaction from industry leaders.

Joining them will be Treasurer Josh Frydenberg and Shadow Treasurer Jim Chalmers , with expert commentary and analysis from; Chris Richardson , Economist and Partner at Deloitte, the Australian’s Caroline Overington and Dee Madigan , branding expert and creative director of Labor party campaigns.

9 Likes

It doesn’t necessarily mean The Latest will be streamed live on 7plus in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth though.

2 Likes

The 7plus stream will match the broadcast timezone. They do stream The Latest live on Facebook though.

2 Likes

Gotta love The Latest not living up to its name…

The two lead story crosses tonight which have aired at 11pm were filmed during daylight hours… Which is prior to 7.30pm AEDT. Ridiculous!

5 Likes

Why do they do this? Guest availability? Or what? Yes it’s pretty ridiculous. There must be a valid reason

The lead story was in Perth, where sunset was around 6:30pm AWST, which is 9:30pm AEDT. That’s possibly 3 closer to on-air time, and the “look live” feel wouldn’t’ve been as effective if you couldn’t see the building behind the reporter.

The Gladys story, yeah, pretty clearly an earlier pre-record - but Glads was probably home in bed, so the story is unlikely to change much.

So if the info hasn’t changed you’re still getting “the latest”. The style of presentation is also clearly different to a standard bulletin.

So I guess the question is, do you want to compromise on the quality of the show just to get live crosses in?

The Project do this style of prerecording all the time, and it helps maintain the more relaxed “vibe” of the show. It’s really not that bad.

I think modern news bulletins emphasis/obsession with “live” crosses is so pointless.

5 Likes