The Latest

Thursday 17 September-

Angela Cox is presenting tonight.

9 Likes

Tonight’s bulletin. There was a cross to The Gabba related to GF seating trial but no game report or score was given from tonight’s AFL.

6 Likes

It was briefly mentioned by Joel Dry that Port Adelaide had beaten Collingwood (he was reporting on the Eddie McGuire Gold Coast controversy).

2 Likes

Yes. I heard him mention that Collingwood had lost. I thought that people tuning in for the latest news would rather have had a game score and highlights than a story about Eddie.

3 Likes

Tuesday 22 September-

Michael Usher is back presenting The Latest tonight

10 Likes

Screenshot_20200922-203259~2

10 Likes

Tuesday night:

5 Likes

The finance graphics which seem new look quite nice!

3 Likes
10 Likes

Basil Zempilas appeared in his role as Seven Sports Editor on The Latest tonight, speaking to Michael Usher about the sudden passing of cricket great Dean Jones.

10 Likes

7 Likes

Tuesday 6 October
09:15 PM The Latest: Seven News Budget Special - one hour bulletin

9 Likes

Angela Cox presenting the Latest tonight

7 Likes

4 Likes

That blue lighting only looks okay with the nigh time backdrop, for story specific ones or for crosses it should be white - the same goes for the news.

2 Likes

They have the table there is they barley sit there!

2 Likes

100% agree. Useless.

• It helps add perspective and depth to the studio, giving you a point of reference.
  • It takes less floor staff to leave it there the entire time, than it does to take it on/off as need be.
  • Continuity would be effected when segments are prerecorded - it’s easier to pretend a presenter has walked and sat down during overlay than a magic desk just appearing.

It’s not useless.

10 Likes

It helps add perspective and depth to the studio, giving you a point of reference.

Continuity would be effected when segments are prerecorded - it’s easier to pretend a presenter has walked and sat down during overlay than a magic desk just appearing.

These two points especially. On wider standing shots the set looks too empty without the desk there.

3 Likes

I can tell you the staffing costs would be more important to any managers at Seven right now. :wink: