The Latest

There are some days when Perth is scheduled to get The Latest at 11:30pm when the bulletin will be more than four hours old, a bit like showing the Morning News at 4pm.

I think they will have to do a local edition if it turns into a permanent bulletin. Or just skip it altogether and run a half-hour filler late at night with the usual late updates instead.

6 Likes

Well going back not that long ago, Sunrise went off air in Sydney just as it was coming on air in Perth (with that 3 hour delay) and at that time there was no local inserts. To me thats when the most important news was occurring and we always got it on delay.

Im going to play devil’s advocate basically because I believe the delay and local broadcast isn’t that important at late night simply because I don’t think its worthwhile and from a local viewpoint no new local stories are developing, the fact that Sunrise Perth News repeats stories from 6pm previous night says it all.

It also just gives Seven Perth another opportunity to produce a shitty broadcast with amateur localised graphics and that shit set which I highly discourage the use of.

5 Likes
19 Likes

Beat me to it. As for the set :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

How much better does that set look without the blue overload :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Hope I’m not the only one that thinks that looks horrible?
Can’t say I like the logo for “The Latest” and the backdrop on the screens looks way too busy.

7 Likes

Yep, “a poor mans Nine News desk” are words that come to mind.

4 Likes

Def doesn’t look temporary for summer.

4 Likes

What were you expecting for a late night news bulletin? A revoluntiary set?
I for one was expecting nothing to change with the set and am quite happy to see that 7 have put in a bit of effort including a new desk. I think the desk looks quite good and I can see it being used for next years elections.

4 Likes

Love the set. Have always loved Sydney’s set and it just makes it look better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminds be a bit of

4 Likes

We need a ‘:ok_hand:’ reaction

Surprised they brought out a dedicated desk, shows they are committed to this Bulletin! The desk is okay, perhaps a bit busy, though it doesn’t look fully lit up to give the full effect, and the combination of red, white and black looks so much better than the overload of blue, looks fresh. It’d be nice if a graphics refresh for Seven News is on the horizon so its consistent with The Latest’s’ look.

Curious to see the format of the Bulletin tonight, but Set-wise, not too bad! :+1:

3 Likes

I hope the format is more like The 11th Hour and less just a rehashed 6pm bulletin.

whole thing looks like a cheap ACA ripoff.

2 Likes

Now that’s a foxy moron :wink:

I don’t see the need for a Perth edition

Today and sunrise and countless other bulletins have been delayed into wA forever with no real effect on ratings or local outrage

Half the stories on 6pm news are hours old. I don’t see a huge pressing need for a seperate Perth edition. If 7 Perth wants to Be that commkited than can add local inserts

1 Like

Eh, Sets aren’t really important to the average user as we know, at least they are providing a different service to viewers that hasn’t been seen in a while since Ten’s last Late News efforts, unless you count SBS’s offering. Format-wise, I expect it won’t just be a rehash of the 6pm bulletin, I feel it’ll have more analysis and perhaps other presentation features as the set and graphics imply.

2 Likes

Actually no it’s not, it’s more like doubling superlatives… lol

MUCH better! :heart_eyes::yum: