The Latest

Angela Cox is presenting The Latest tonight, just saw a preview during an ad break for The Passage’s first episode.

7 Likes

That’s great Angela should do very well.

7 Likes

This reminds me of a story about a visiting American television exec who thought a certain channel Nine newsreader was world class and requested tapes to show colleagues in the US. The story goes that Nine provided him with tapes of Brian Henderson read news bulletins. The exec didn’t particularly rate Hendo. It turns out it was Ian Ross the exec had seen presenting the news while in Sydney.

I totally get his reaction. Hendo is a legend but had a very particular, old school style to his reading that generations of Sydneysiders had become accustomed to and warmed to whereas Rossco’s style was a little more loose and conversational.

2 Likes

Possibly all week given it’s now school holidays in NSW.

Or maybe they will try out a few different people if Michael is taking time off.

7 Likes

Would love to Ann Sanders give it a shot.

7 Likes

Is this the first time Usher has been absent from the program?

3 Likes

Yes.

If anything, he needs a break.

6 Likes

Update

and opener:

13 Likes

Great choice having Angela on the desk tonight.

9 Likes

Lighting/audio all over the place in tonight’s bulletin, makes the pre-recorded reports very easy to spot. At least half this bulletin must be recorded earlier in the evening which I don’t mind but it could be better executed.

But Ange is great. Also great having Matt Carmichael at the desk to discuss the day’s sport news, have they done this in the past?

8 Likes

So glad they went Ange over Chris Reason or Rob Ovadia.

10 Likes

No… needs to be sharper than Ann’s style.

Some more caps

9 Likes

They’ve had Jim Wilson and Basil Zempilas on in the past to discuss major sports stories.

Also, thought Ange did a fantastic job last night. Was interested to see how the show’s format would work with someone other than Michael Usher hosting and Ange made it seemless

6 Likes

Monday - Wednesday :

Angela Cox is presenting The Latest.

7 Likes

Early start for The Latest tonight, straight after The Front Bar in Melbourne. It was scheduled for 10.30pm after double episodes of Modern Family (as listed in newspaper guides), but instead began just after 9.45pm.

2 Likes

Perhaps encouraged by the figures from last Wednesday.

4 Likes

Didn’t this happen last week?

So the Latest in now live in Melbourne and delayed everywhere else?

1 Like

I think The Latest is also on air in Tasmania right now.

1 Like

It seems to flow well after The Front Bar. I can see the reason for it.

I still think Mike Amor would be better suited as the main fill in for this program.

2 Likes