The Latest

I stayed up later to watch tonight. And it is almost done. :angry:

Can we get a consistent timeslot please?

5 Likes

Agreed 100%.

I was also planning on watching (and recording) tonight’s episode but was quite shocked when I turned it on to find it almost over!

The Latest needs a consistent timeslot and a longer runtime to build a cult following.

I also want them to implement a new segment. Call it “Your Voice” or “Your Say” or “Open Forum”. Similar to a soapbox segment with more interaction with social media.

2 Likes

Started approximately on time Sydney/Brisbane

6 Likes

Does David Brown now do the weather for The Latest?

2 Likes

I am glad that The Latest has stayed on Seven’s schedule, after the Big Bash. I do hope it stays at a consistent timeslot in the longterm though.

8 Likes

It would be pre-recorded. No way he would do 11.30, 4pm, 6pm News and The Latest .

If they make it 10.30pm sharp- you can have the reality shows finish at 9 or 9.30 and pad out a program like Modern Family, First Dates for an hour. Even 10pm could work.

6 Likes

Thursday -
Angela Cox is still presenting tonight.

4 Likes

Hasn’t started in Qld yet

Some caps from 18/4/2019:

5 Likes

I believe it was a one off. They stil do national weather wall.

2 Likes

Looks like Angela Cox is presenting again this week.

5 Likes

Michael Usher back presenting this evening

5 Likes

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned a while ago, but is “The Latest” just pre-recorded now, say mid-evening. Then played out late night at the varying times market dependent?

I ask because of 1) so many variations each night. 2) differs between markets 3) live programs / sport over-runs.

1 Like

I know it’s not live in every market at the moment. The other week it was live in Melbourne and delayed everywhere else.

I noticed tonight they have pushed the Latest back after modern family. Last week they went straight after the The Front Bar.

5 Likes

Tonight’s edition started a bit differently - since it followed the leaders debate encore, the usual intro was dropped in favour of crossing straight to Mark Riley for extended post-debate analysis

2 Likes

Angela Cox is presenting tonight, based on the update which just aired.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Ange = :muscle:

First time I’ve had the chance to watch since January and I still love it. Definitely the best bulletin on TV.

8 Likes

How is The Latest going ratings wise?
Does it ever win its a lot? Is it competitive?

2 Likes

It competitive. Sometimes wins sometimes second. Depends what else is around.

9 Likes