The Latest

Piss poor effort

The Latest is advertising for 2 new producers. That tells me it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, which is good news!

15 Likes

Paging @KnowItAll to the thread :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Love tonight’s promo featuring photos and names of reporters they’ll be crossing to during the show.

5 Likes

Yeah yeah I’m here :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’m hearing while there’s budget for the show to continue, programming won’t schedule it any earlier than 11pm. (What a huge surprise)

On that basis I still don’t reckon it’s a long term prospect.

1 Like

Minor blooper tonight. Camera cut to Michael and the colour was all off!

8 Likes

First time watcher tonight.

There’s a lot to like about this bulletin, great to have something like this on commercial TV.

11 Likes

They must be trialing night shift for the latest to help people get to sleep haha

Really loving these graphics.

20 Likes

They’re beautiful! The normal 7 News bulletins need to take note!

4 Likes

Have seven brought the start time back to 10.30 tonight? Im going off the news update that just aired.

One off I believe

2 Likes

And good on Hendo. He was the star, he commanded that schedule.

1 Like

That’s always been the schedule for tonight.

But next Monday it’s at 11:15pm

1 Like

Update tonight:

8 Likes

Finally a show that understands how to use the new side screens. They should melt into the set and give each show its own unique look/feel rather than being covered in logos or attention-grabbing images.

18 Likes

It’s so well done. At first glance it’s hard to distinguish what’s screen and what’s set.

15 Likes

The Latest seems to do everything better than the regular bulletin does. No overload of colours, great use of secondary screens, attention grabbing camera angles, as well as generally well managed and interesting content to boot. Classy and elegant. The desk graphic is also simple and blends in well. Why can’t Seven translate this into the 6pm bulletin as well? They are almost like two completely different products, despite The Latest carrying the 7NEWS brand name.

12 Likes

Here’s a before and after of The Latest’s opening shot:

Looks fine. I think the desk looked a bit more classy without the screen but it hasn’t lost much and is more versatile now :slight_smile:

Everything looks top notch. The only thing that comes to mind with the new side screens is it has lost a bit of depth in this opening shot. Perhaps they could frame the four story images with The Latest’s frosted glassy background behind them.

12 Likes

That looks impressive!

1 Like