The Latest

Let’s hope they use a long 2 minute closer, ey? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was about to make a post about this, thought that was the last late bulletin which aired on the weekend. Didn’t George Donikian present it in the late 90s, maybe Tracey Spicer after him? Someone who is older than me may be able to provide a more definitive answer on that!

Usher hasn’t interupted anyone yet, which is good.

It really is an excellent late night bulletin - with Usher no doubt having some editioial control.

The format doesn’t suit 6pm but a number of lessons can easily be transferred.

11 Likes

Tracey Spicer usually presented it, as she did the national weekend news at 5.00. The Sunday edition stayed on air until about 2003-4. The Saturday edition I think ended towards the end of 2002.

The Latest really is a great bulletin, everyone involved should be commended.

11 Likes

I was out at a chrissy party and they had the Sydney carols on in the background, did I not hear a generic “The Latest” promo saying “next”… After the Big Bash :confused: Whoops

1 Like

I had it on the background earlier today, and i thought I hard the promo saying "next after the Big Bash too. Thought I misheard it. So glad someone else heard it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Latest rated very well last night! Good to see.

6 Likes

Wow I just noticed. Fantastic ratings.
But what time did it start at? Did the carols go overtime?

Yeah they did, I think it was approximately 10:57 but close to 11PM

2 Likes

Ah so that could mean those ratings are actually part of the Carols then.

3 Likes

This show is wonderful, I do feel Musher is being put under a lot of stress though when live.

They should stop showing him while going to live reports as he’s sort of just sitting there nodding awkwardly.

2 Likes

I like the concept of showing Musher, but the reporters need to allow him to ask some questions rather than talking the entire live cross. Would stop Musher having to interrupt as he has been doing.

Overall though The Latest is a pretty fantastic bulletin.

11 Likes

Yes, I’d expect those numbers to be adjusted down as the start time on the broadcast EPG was wrong.

3 Likes

Local updates airing in Melbourne tonight, I only just tuned in though so maybe an update for The Latest aired earlier.

1 Like

It is very difficult to determine which segments are live. I think almost all of tonight’s bulletin is pre-recorded.

Nothing wrong with that of course.

Enjoying the in depth look at the mars mission, best coverage of science I’ve seen on FTA that I can recall.

1 Like

What about the cross to Paul Dowsley (who I haven’t seen much of this year) at Chaddy, doing an overnight X-Mas trade?

Only that the show is called The Latest.

1 Like

Was the apparently prerecorded content outdated or missing any more recent information?

6 Likes

It’s never going to be 100% live. Certainly it’s more live in a sense than most news bulletins.