The Latest

I understand the difficulty of getting interviewees to agree for a live cross at 11pm. However, last night 4 of 6 were look-lives (maybe because it was the weekend). It just should not become by default.

Michael interviewed two residents in Indonesia, asking what the current death toll was and what was happening a they spoke. It was the top story.

When 9 once again copy 7 and reinstate a late night bulletin, I’m sure you’ll be all over it saying how fantastic it is.

1 Like

@TFTV

2 Likes

Would ordinary residents have access to the latest official figures though? Depending on how far in advance it was recorded there may not have been any notable difference in figures or events.

1 Like

What is with the reader being put on screen during the reporter cross. He just sits there nodding for several minutes not saying anything. Awkward.

3 Likes

Can’t post the figures here but The Latest rated higher than 10’s primetime lineup last night…

It seems to be rating very well, I wonder if 7 would consider moving it to 9.30pm once Summer is over…

2 Likes

Impressive!

1 Like

I think it started pretty much on time as well, so there wouldn’t be too much alteration to that number.

3 Likes

Weird. Adelaide EPG says The Latest ended at 10:30, it’s now 10:45 and Usher says there’s more “still to come”.

It started at about 10:50 AEST tonight (10:20 Adelaide time) due to the Big Bash finishing late.

A cross to Melina Sarris in Melbourne right now with weather for tomorrow.

Watched it for the first time tonight. It flew by, very impressive product. Not like the boring 6pm news, live crosses which weren’t just useless add-ons, good chats, good content. Usher is perfect on this. Def a newscast worth continuing with long-term.

16 Likes

Last night there were wideshot usinh the Sunrise/6pm weather plasma. Didn’t look too bad.

1 Like

6 Likes

It was a bit odd that the Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve forecasts listed seven of the eight Australian capitals.

Didn’t see that while watching it last night so checked out the bulletin again, the exclusion of Canberra is quite poor. They had room on the graphic to put it in as well.

1 Like

Absolutely no reason why they can’t give Michael a Friday or Saturday night off from The Latest. By not, it makes me think that they will drop this (temporarily) after the cricket and, at the moment, they are trying to accentuate it is The Latest with Michael Usher.

4 Likes

Tonight’s bulletin started at 10.18pm AEDT due to early finish to the BBL match at the SCG (Melbourne Stars beat Sydney Sixers fairly easily). At the start of the bulletin Michael did a live cross to Tony Auden in Brisbane for the latest in the heatwave and general weather around the country.

2 Likes

Are Perth getting this bulletin 3 hours later?

Yep we are