The Latest

Updates tonight for The Latest were just voice overs with no presenter seen.

Jerrie Demasi presenting

6 Likes

The reporter who did the Live Cross on the Lead Story, Zoe Martin was woeful.

1 Like

7 had specifically announced that the show will come from Perth. Sydney isn’t coming back.

9 hasn’t done the same. Simple.

1 Like

They have to change that virtual set. Looks fake. That part up the top looks so cluttered and ridiculous.

1 Like

She’s had a few doozies live. She’s far too green to be a Sydney reporter, but when you pay peanuts…

2 Likes

Where was she before? i remember her from somewhere?

9 Darwin

Amy Clements and Isabelle Mullen are also former Nine Darwin personalities who have made their way to Seven News in Sydney. The latter is now a political reporter in Canberra.

2 Likes

Thursday April 4, 2024: Samantha Jolly presenting tonight

4 Likes

Cross to Hugh Whitfield reporting on the Taiwan quake, then he continued with several other world news stories.

2 Likes

That sort of thing has happened quite often since the switch to Perth.

1 Like

Has it been mentioned that the show has a new EP? Apparently Andrew Porter has been appointed into the role.

He’s worked with Seven for some time in various capacities, previously in Sydney and now in Perth.

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s one of the few times I’ve actually seen The Latest recently. Always on too late, plus it’s lost its appeal. Visually looks terrible; presenters are unknown to me (and not very engaging or interesting to listen to) … just generally less appealing… certainly not worth waiting up to watch.

2 Likes

Why has Tim disappeared? Is he on leave?

I’ve stopped watching too … feels different. Do we know if ratings have remained the same?

2 Likes

It should be on at a stable time everyday.

3 Likes

Not possible with the variable program lengths and unstable network schedules. Those days are LONG gone.

2 Likes

FTA is dead… the body just hasn’t been buried yet.

2 Likes

Most other major English speaking markets manage late news at a locked time nightly.

And all countries are experiencing double digit FTA decline

Only aussie networks can’t schedule time locked times

3 Likes

Yes, audiences would drop further apparently if they returned to such a radical idea.

1 Like