The Latest

It’s okay to comment on the presentation (as I said, I agree with the sentiment of the production having faults occasionally), but it isn’t necessary to comment on a state as a whole in that way.

People are entitled to their opinions, of course.

1 Like

Not much point in being a dick all the time, either, but here we are :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Sorry but no one is being a dick.

The show is not the same since it lost its Sydney producing team.

It’s not a slight on Perth. Perth is a beautiful amazing city. But any smaller market in almost in industry is not going to do things as well as a larger market. That’s not a slight to Perth.

That’s just commerce and talent pool in massive media markets v mid sized media markets.

But defending Perth as being a city of producing news content as well as a major market is a little silly. Let’s be objective here. And stay grounded in honesty.

City pride swelling to a point where we ignore the obvious truth seems counterproductive to constructive criticism

2 Likes

I’ve never defended Perth media mate, plenty of times on this forum that I’ve slammed it :smiling_face: especially that hideous set.

I think a bulletin that airs after 10:30pm and doesn’t rate in the top 20 doesn’t need a panel discussing topics etc. 10 late news with Sandra Sully was just a basic news bulletin, that was well loved.

2 Likes

And existed in an era when television or radio were your only real options for getting news late at night.

The later iterations of 10’s late news were very, very different from the Sully era.

2 Likes

Perth is a smaller city then say Sydney and Melbourne so I would expect production to be a smaller and I see where you are coming from there . Being of Perth I have media marketing to be smaller and the quality to be there of a smaller size of Melbourne and Sydney.

I have always felt a Melbourne and Sydney have had bigger budgets then Perth hence why I think it’s probably the reason why they moved The Latest to Perth for budgeting reasons.

Fair enough. On my part, sorry for calling you that in the first place.

I’m not from Perth or Sydney, so have no skin in this game (as it were). Am I right in thinking the move to Perth was to do with penalty rates? As obviously 11pm on the East Coast is 8/9pm in Perth (depending on daylight savings). To be honest I think The Latest would have been axed entirely were it not for Nine’s late news (and 10’s if it ever actually launches). Probably in a few years one of them will blink and the rest will follow.

1 Like

Do we think the Sunday night edition will return? Perhaps when Spotlight returns?

1 Like

Someone already posted on here a few days ago to say that the Sunday night edition will return.

1 Like

Wonder if the Sunday night edition might still be hosted from Sydney by Angela Cox?

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see that. Thanks.

1 Like

Doubtful. It’ll be Tim. He’ll be there for 6pm Perth anyway.

1 Like

The Latest returns to Sundays on 14 April in conjunction with 7News Spotlight.

6 Likes

Just…NO! The whole thing has shifted to Perth. Let’s not start the wondering back and forward about possible Sydney editions.

1 Like

Charlotte Goodlett. “Join us just after 10:30”.

Strange lead story, seemed better suited to later in the bulletin as a feature.

8 Likes

Came here to say the same thing…

Also nice to see Charlotte back on our screens again, wonder how the presenting schedule will be seeing it’s been different every week.

3 Likes

I’d be surprised if there is one! At a guess it’ll just be done by whoever’s available that night.

1 Like

Nice to see Charlotte presenting tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

9 often has Sunday night from Sydney with Overton.

Yes I think it is a warranted question considering Nine does, but it seems like Seven won’t at all.