The Latest

So we have zero idea how The Latest rated compared to the averages imof other 10.30pm shows on Seven or other networks…

“SUPER STORM” - err no Seven, it’s called a super cell.

Is the show going to be on Christmas eve?

Even if they slapped it over a nice long closer?

4 Likes

Look at the guide.

1 Like

Yes it is airing on Christmas Eve.
Not on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

3 Likes

Different promo:

9 Likes

Wow! Live, immediate AND right now?!

12 Likes

Show is starting very late tonight due to the rainy conditions from the cricket.

Started at 10.50

The opening theme tonight was great!

8 Likes

Yes indeed Nicholas, the theme tonight was slightly different but sounded fantastic. I’ll upload the opener later.

Just a thought. I wouldn’t mind seeing a news ticker on this program.

7 Likes

Me too. They definitely made room for one. Supers sit a lot higher than on regular bulletins.

2 Likes

The opener tonight was superb.

It was the same theme used all week - but they let the crescendo play tonight. Instead of cutting it off as they did on the previous two nights.

2 Likes

I like how they are making gradual improvements to the bulletin as each night passes. Shows Seven’s commitment to ‘The Latest’, hope it pays off. Yes, a ticker would be another good improvement, perfectly fits in with their theme of ongoing News coverage.

9 Likes

10 Likes

I’d love to see them trial the Melbourne set for The Latest. Wouldn’t have to worry about moving desks or set pieces to cover the globes as it’s all screens.

Though The Latest is unquestionably the Sydney set at it’s best, it’s still not a very appealing set design overall IMO.

14 Likes

I wonder who is presenting tonight ?

Robert Ovadia?

1 Like

Nope, it’s not me. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with a new look Seven News.

3 Likes

It’s Michael Usher