The Latest

It was terrible!!!

Very good bulletin, I’m enjoying watching it. I prefer it over their 6pm news!

3 Likes

Forgive, but I only just realised this is broadcasting on the weekend as well?? Wow.

1 Like

Missed it, was it the piano based tune that they just aired when returning from the break?

Pretty much.

1 Like

Yeah essentially.
Sounded better coming back from the break.

2 Likes

At least they’re diametrically opposed to each other despite being in the same party.

Senator Molan at least had a point with his military experience in the Middle East. I’m not sure why Vanstone is there other than Shorten bashing.

2 Likes

The music sounds quite upbeat and energetic, might be more suited for Sunrise.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Doesn’t really fit the late night.

1 Like

Didn’t really see the point of the Amanda Vanstone interview!
Thought that the Jim Molan interview was quite informative however.

1 Like

Should have been a political reporter.

1 Like

To be fair, Molan was there for his Military past not really for his politics.

The show was good tonight. It’s a seriously good news broadcast and probably the first 7 news show I’ve watched in a long time.

That music was used for the rest of the bulletin FYI.

1 Like

Tonight was much better. Particularly the first segment. Stories from right across the country.

Didn’t feel as messy and chaotic.

But I won’t be continuing to watch if they keep using that ridiculous music they just randomly started using. Stupid.

3 Likes

Tonight’s broadcast was great. A great selection of stories from around the country. First story about the storms with Alex Hart was good as has been mentioned. A lot of thought and effort has been put into it and it shows on air. Michael Usher is really good and it suits him. I can also see Mel Doyle doing a good job on it also.

I must be the only one that actually liked the music they randomly started using :joy:

1 Like

The music doesn’t really suit for a late night bulletin. It has a sort of happy and cheery vibe that would fit in well with Sunrise, like something they would play during the Weather.

2 Likes

Music from tonight’s bulletin:

7 Likes

The opening story with Alex Hart worked so well and loved the extra late night effort of interviewing local residents… In their house. Top notch.

In regards to the weekend, I take it a different presenter? Usher will need some sort of break, let alone his other roles.

In terms of the time, it finished at 11:06pm, 7min after EPG scheduled finish time, yet started bang on time tonight (actually half a minute early)? Agree, needs to be much longer. Still a bit too rushed.

3 Likes

Even though it started late, the program went for around 35 minutes last night. As others have said, extending the program to 45 minutes would avoid the need for live crosses to be rushed - something that was again an issue in the 1st segment tonight.

4 Likes

Show went for 35 minutes tonight as well. Totally agree on a 45 minute show.

1 Like