The Latest

I think this is great news. All presenters are good.
Now can we get confirmation of the set!!

4 Likes

I’m glad he has got the role.

1 Like

Here’s a sneak peek, no expense has been spared!

13 Likes

They may end up using TVW’s extra long main news desk but I’m thinking they will use the same desk they used for Flashpoint. It’s already there so they might as well use it.

Possibly with a backdrop that mimics the Sydney set but I don’t know if they will go to all that effort.

Flashpoint desk? this was their last set as far as i know…

1 Like

I can’t find a cap of when Tim used the desk for Flashpoint, but I’m referring to this one:

Edit: SamSamTV posted it here. Maybe they later changed to use the couches. I’m not sure, never got to see it much.

5 Likes

I think when Flashpoint was relaunched as a Sunday Morning program the desk was sent back to Sydney for federal election coverage.

4 Likes

I never understood why the virtual set for Flashpoint looked so much better than what they have for 7 News Perth. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Apparently the network allocated funding for Perth to build a full blown Sydney style set but they went and spent the money on this instead:

8 Likes

That dystopian filter on the Perth skyline is very Gotham City! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

You mean you’re telling me that Perth has colour :laughing:

Next you’ll be telling me that there are other presenters than Rick and Sue over there.

2 Likes

Be interesting to see what’s happens
when Daylight saving ends in April!
Will it be live into the east at 9.30!!!

1 Like

Doubt it but it would be nice

Wouldn’t 7News Perth still be on air? I doubt we’ll see the Latest scheduled that early ever again.

7.30pm in WA at 9.30 here in AEST

2 Likes

I still doubt we’ll get it that early. They could have done it every night at that time from Sydney all these years and never did. Why start now?

I doubt it will be scheduled that early either, but more around 10-10.30pm.

More likely recorded at 9.30 and played out after 10:30pm, or on a Wednesday/Thursday in AFL states when Front Bar and Talking Footy both go over the schedule time - after midnight :laughing:

I’m betting Fergo will eventually be rolled and Mike and Angela will read 6pm Sun-Thurs. Or Angela reads weeknights solo and Mike continues with weekends+Spotlight.

2 Likes

I used to think this but I think they’ve settled with Fergo now for the long haul.

4 Likes