The Latest

I’m sure we don’t need big brother (Sydney) holding our hands.:grinning:

If that massive desk and green screen is all the more reason as to why.

No it isn’t. This again defeats the purpose of it coming out of Perth.

Will it be returning to Sunday nights?

I’d be giving this to Charlotte 5 days a week. I feel like she’s far better than Tim McMillan and would make sense why Seven hired her.

1 Like

No way will Charlotte be the lead presenter. She is joining Seven from Ten where she was a reporter. She is still very much a junior in the ranks.

2 Likes

She’s presented a bit at 10. Not a main host but as a regular fill-in. 100% not a junior if she has been given the weekend weather role at 7 Perth.

2 Likes

That is my point, she is a fill-in presenter and doing weekend weather in Perth. Hardly the same calibre as Angela Cox or Michael Usher.

1 Like

Ah. I didn’t realise 7 Perth had their own control, I thought they were similar to 10 Perth.

She was a main fill-in at 10. She was one of their rising stars

2 Likes

You could say the same for Jerrie Demasi. They joined Seven for the experience, Seven didn’t poach them. Seven Perth has a list of longer in-house presenters and reporters and I don’t think it would go down well if they were overlooked.

In saying that, Tim McMillan doing this and well as, eventually, the weeknight 6pm News is my bet.

3 Likes

IIRC for a brief period in the 2000s they shifted the news control room’s for Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth to Melbourne. Eventually they shifted it back to each city.

Tim did Flashpoint which was recently axed, could be a good replacement for him, whether 4 nights a week or split with another presenter. We will see.

1 Like

Known to Melbourne audiences too, from his stint at GTV-9 news in the late 2000s (around the same time or even before Alicia Loxley and Tom Steinfort joined - he’d be their age wouldn’t he if not a smidge older) including Black Saturday like them and final years of the Underworld coverage, as well as Sydney after that and nationally with programs like Today. Before returning to Perth and then joining Seven Perth. And has over 20 experience now, doing various ABC radio and was in the UK earlier in his career after his initial Perth days too. A lot of people forget all this, as he has been back in Western Australia for a decade now.

3 Likes

Robert Ovadia tonight

10 Likes

You wonder if in the end Michael Usher just lost interest. He barely seems to present the show these days.

4 Likes

I think he has quietly made the decision to step down from The Latest owing to his Spotlight duties. This would’ve also been made before the decision was made to shift production to Perth.

12 Likes

Well it was kind of obvious but Tim McMillan will host The Latest:

19 Likes

Good appointment.

7 Likes

With Tim remaining on weekend news, Samantha Jolly, Jerrie Demasi and Charlotte Goodlet will be covering some nights.

1 Like