The increasingly crowded streaming market

I believe the deal between Stan and Showtime is that if a new show premieres on Stan, it will stay there and keep getting new episodes on Stan.
I could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve heard.

Of course Stan is going to say it’s not going anywhere…

3 Likes

This is getting ridiculous now… only just found this, I don’t whether any of you know about it.

Quick search of the thread shows it was shared in here in June last year, obviously a very niche service.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had never heard of it until yesterday.

2 Likes

LaLiga is still with BeIN Sports so football fans will have to subscribe to several streaming services to watch their favourite team play

2 Likes

The service (which will combine NBCUniversal, Sky and ViacomCBS programming) will launch in more than 20 European countries next year

That is going to be an impressive library but the name sounds pretty lame.

1 Like

Terrible name, interesting partnership and approach for Europe.

1 Like

If I was to guess, does this venture mean that those countries who don’t get this SkyShowtime service will get Paramount+ and Peacock separately?

Yep - that’s why it’s not launching in Sky countries such as the UK

1 Like

This is interesting - according to a Bloomberg article about the SkyShowtime announcement:

While it will team up with ViacomCBS in some markets, Comcast plans to launch Peacock as a standalone app in Latin America, Australia, Asia, France and other markets. It plans to leverage NBC’s presence and relationships in many of those countries to help with Peacock’s expansion. The joint venture with ViacomCBS will help fund the tech platform that Peacock will operate on globally.

No time-frame was given in the article about when Peacock will launch in the listed countries

1 Like

just as I predicted!

Does’nt Stan have a deal with Peacock at the moment? I wonder how that will be affected? If this happends.

2 Likes

This was written in 2020 before Stan Sport and Paramount+ Launched. How things have changed

Someone on Whirlpool has posted some images of a test app for Flash (aka; the rumoured ‘News Flash’ news streaming service by Foxtel).

Considering the service will use the same Streamotion platform used by Kayo and Binge, it’s not surprising that the Flash platform being tested looks similar to the other two services

2 Likes

What does everyone think would be the future of video streaming here in Australia, there’s just too many choices now and becoming expensive even if you rotate them. Do you think there’ll be consolidation of major players or lowering of subscription fees to attract more subscribers??

Yes, it’s inevitable. It won’t be financially viable for some in the future. I’ve said this for quite a while.

1 Like