The increasingly crowded streaming market

There’s been a new Britbox ad airing recently. It says “More streaming TV, but it’s British” over clips of programs on the service with classical music in the background.

1 Like

Im surprised Britbox arent promoting they’ve got the rights to Line of Duty S6

2 Likes

Needs more The Bill. :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone knows the real selling point of that service is Keeping Up Appearances.

Promos started tonight for Britbox and Line of Duty season six starting April 1. You’d think they’d fast track it instead of having a ten day delay. I’ve already had a plot twist spoiled without even looking for info on the show.

1 Like

Yes Mrs Bucket. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Foxtel launching NEWSFLASH which will feature shows from Sky News.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine many would want to watch this just for Sky News. It would need CNN, BBC World News and maybe MSNBC to be worthwhile.

1 Like

it has got CNN and FOX NEWS

1 Like

Fox News compliments Sky News just fine, but most people don’t watch either of those two Conservative-leaning networks.

1 Like

Not enough. Needs BBC, MSNBC, ECC News, more of the really right wing Yankee stuff, InfoWars, etc…just for shits and giggles.

They would need to make it unique some how. They can’t just add all the news channels from foxtel. Can’t see that working.

I’m thinking it will include video that’s behind the paywalls of The Australian and the metro daily websites. There is also the potential to have separate live streams of news events, eg. have news conferences in full on Newsflash while continuing rolling news and talk shows on Sky News.

The deal expands ChaiFlicks to Australia and New Zealand.

2 Likes

SMH is reporting that Sports Flick’s deal to stream UEFA Champions League could fall over, because the company has been unable to get financial guarantees to support the $60 million three-year agreement.

6 Likes

Good! Hope Optus Sport takes the rights. Doesn’t worry me because I barrack for Arsenal and given their position on the EPL table and they’re out of the FA Cup chances of them being in Europa next year are slim unless they do the impossible (ie. win the Europa League title, they last won it in 1970, they lost the finals every time they made it since).

2 Likes

Stick to Serbian rugby league! :rofl:

They’ll also be playing in the “Super League” too, if that ever gets off the ground. Yes, I’m a Man U fan and I’m pissed about that too.

1 Like

Anyone surprised at this? Didnt think so

7 Likes

If anyone wants to know how to even pronounce that apparently it is ai
chee yee.

1 Like

It’s looking likely this news focused streaming service will be known simply as “FLASH” when it launches and joins the Streamotion SVOD portfolio that already includes “Kayo” and “Binge”.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 3.50.48 PM

3 Likes