https://twitter.com/DGBeswick1/status/1365504550883389444

1 Like

Sounds extraordinarily suspicious.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s a pretty big get!

1 Like

I didnt realise SportsFlick already have the Womans CL

1 Like

Sports Flick will need to have the Champions League matches available for pubs and clubs to subscribe, to recoup some of the rights cost.

2 Likes

What pubs and clubs have Champions League coverage now?

1 Like

Don’t they subscribe to Optus Sport to get EPL and Champions League?

1 Like

Given Champions League is midweek, early morning I wouldnt expect many venues to be showing it

1 Like

Pretty much only the 24-hour venues (like The Star) or those catering for a European style clientele.

1 Like
1 Like

I hadn’t heard of Sportsflick until recently when they had the rights to the recent Bangaldesh v West Indies Test Cricket series.

They’re already doing a better job than Stan Sport.

1 Like

Stan Sport only has Rugby and two tennis tournaments

2 Likes

Does this include the UEFA Europa League as well?

1 Like

Remember Optus Sport was a startup when they snared the EPL rights away from Fox Sports.

2 Likes

Europa League (and the upcoming Europa Conference League) are on separate broadcast contracts.

Mumbrella adds that Sports Flick today acquired the rights to Austrian Bundesliga soccer competition.

1 Like

But Optus Sport had a lot more behind it. At least we knew who Optus were.

The fact that they’re based out of Riverstone should also be a sign. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Owned by a multinational company that is majority owned by an arm of the Singapore government. I don’t think the two are comparable.

3 Likes

BritBox now has 2.6 million subscribers worldwide, including 1.7 million outside Britain.

2 Likes

Now you can create your own IPTV channel…although the cheapest option is $29.99 (I’m using that’s USD) a month! You can set it up to scrape YouTube, Vimeo and DailyMotion sites, and I think you can upload stuff yourself. Creates TV guides, and allows for shuffling too.

I’ve been mucking about with it, and have created my own super channel filled all the stuff you’ve come to expect from me - largely copying YouTube links.

1 Like