The increasingly crowded streaming market

I would say if what that article states to happens actually happens. People wouldn’t have much reason to watch foxtel or free to air at all

1 Like

The only reason would be sport. But Foxtel seems to be losing that battle pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Saw this on Facebook today. Relevant.

10 Likes

Starzplay is already available in some European and central and south American markets, the UK and India.

Do we Have stats on how many active users the paid streamers have verses how many active users the free streamers have (7+, 9Now, 10play)

https://tbivision.com/2021/01/12/new-zealands-rialto-goes-global-with-sundance-alum-bruce-tuchman/

The first agreement will see Rialto – a commercial-free network that launched more than two decades ago in New Zealand – reach Australia, with Rialto International striking an AVOD pact with Samsung TV Plus.

Rialto has been on my Samsung TV channels here for a couple of months

2 Likes

Sony is planning to launch its own movies streaming service Bravia Core in 50 countries around the world this year, which may include Australia.

2 Likes

is this taking over the old crackle i think it was called streaming service from sony?

1 Like

Kind of. Sony owned Crackle from 2006 to March 2019 when it was sold to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment. Crackle streams movies and TV shows from providers including Sony, MGM and Paramount, but Bravia Core will only provide movies from Sony’s catalogue.

2 Likes

I cancelled Britbox, watched Spitting Image and that was it.

2 Likes

There’s talk that Paroumount+ may be showing live sport as well as its content similar to Amazon Prime. Will this be happening in Australia? and if so what are they showing?

2 Likes

Yes, but only in regions where they have rights. IE not Australia.

1 Like

Yeah that would be the problem. However… Amazon still some How gets streaming rights Thursday night NFL when there’s already streaming for this given to Foxtel?

1 Like

ESPN, not Foxtel.

Amazon have an worldwide deal for a few games a season.

1 Like

i dumped mine when i had to use the USA version though my VPN to watch the Bill and they only had 3 seasons up

2 Likes

Ok you got me there. :roll_eyes::rofl::joy:

1 Like
1 Like