The Hundred

I find the chair used for the special guests next to Andy’s desk very cheap and tacky. Surely they could’ve built a bigger podium for Andy to fit both of them or build a separate stand for the guest?

Hopefully they’re gonna tweak the show a bit to make it more engaging because at the moment it’s confusing and boring.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Hopefully this will be an opportunity for Nine to tweak this into an ‘8 out of 10 Cats’ style show with the panelists being asked about facts and statistics about the world with a comedic edge. Incorporate the Zoom audience to contribute about what is trending conversation wise etc. They could even do a bit of QI and have rounds where obscure facts can land you points and obvious answers lead to deduction etc.

Knowing Nine they probably won’t even consider these but still.

1 Like

Tuesday 8 February.

1 Like

Andy Lee is back to reveal what Australia really thinks

The show that knows everything about everyone

After a stellar debut season, The Hundred with Andy Lee is back in 2022 with 100 everyday Aussies and some of our funniest comedians to find out what the country is really thinking.

Launching on Tuesday, February 8, on Channel 9 and 9Now , Andy Lee will be joined by a host of comedians and celebrity guests including Sophie Monk, Hamish Blake, Tom Gleeson, Tommy Little, Nazeem Hussain, Abbie Chatfield, Anne Edmonds, Senator Jacqui Lambie, regular panellist Mike Goldstein and many more.

Handpicked to represent the demographic makeup of Australia, “The Hundred” will be polled live via Zoom to give us the stories behind the stats, while three comedy panellists battle it out on each episode to see who knows Australia best.

This season The Hundred will tackle more of society’s important questions like: How many Australians are flat-earthers? Would you vote if it wasn’t compulsory? And some not so important though intriguing ones, such as: How many Australians have hooked up with their housemate? How many people have blamed their kids for something they did themselves?

Andy Lee said: “I asked Australia whether they wanted the show to come back and it came back with 95% “YES”. I can only assume that 5% worked for rival networks.”

Whatever story is gripping the nation, we’ll be able to find out what Australia really thinks about it as The Hundred with Andy Lee tackles the big weekly talking points in a funny and irreverent way.

The show, in which celebrities try to correctly guess popular answers to questions posed to the ‘100’, partnered early with Zoom and Video Technology Company TDC. While the first season was produced in Sydney, the show has now moved to NEP Studios in South Melbourne.

Andy Lee told Herald Sun yesterday that season 3 would commence filming in Melbourne in August this year, saying he wanted to utilise the comedic talent in the city.

Season 2 was (also) previously filmed in Melbourne.

I believe season 1 was Melbourne, season 2 was Sydney due to continuing COVID restrictions in Melbourne.

Think it was the other way round. Season 1 was Sydney and then 2 was in Melbourne.

correct - my error

The poor Greeks.

It’s interesting how Free to Air television is in decline in Australia, while in Greece this seems to be a golden era for television. They produce so many dramas, comedies, entertainment, reality and game shows. With less than half the population of Australia, they really put us to shame.

Just about every international TV show has had a Greek version made. They have even been able to turn some average reality, entertainment or game shows into massive long running hits. Reality shows like The Farm, The Bar, Your Face Sounds Familiar and game shows like Rouk Zouk and Still Standing.

Audiences are even subjected to remakes of scripted shows like Mrs Brown’s Boys, which is called Super Mammy. :joy:

3 Likes

A lot of different economic factors in play in Greece - including the comparatively low penetration of internet in households as well as the financial crisis of around a decade ago there.

2 Likes

Returning Tuesday 9 August.

That will make it two seasons in a calendar year.

And as the first episode was only taped on Wednesday this week, it will only be a short turnaround.

WHAT IS AUSTRALIA THINKING NOW?

FIND OUT WHEN THE HUNDRED RETURNS TUESDAY, AUGUST 9

Find out when The Hundred returns Tuesday, August 9 on Channel 9 and 9Now

Australia is a land that’s always changing and so are we – so it’s time to test the nation again by asking a new batch of those very big questions when The Hundred with Andy Lee returns to Nine on Tuesday, August 9, after The Block.

Season 3 of The Hundred will tackle more of society’s biggest (and smallest) questions like: How many Aussies have not had COVID yet? How many people are adopted? Do you call your mum every day? How many people lie on their resume?

Andy Lee will be joined by a host of comedians and celebrity guests including Tom Gleeson, Tommy Little, Nazeem Hussain, Luke McGregor, Sophie Monk, Hamish Blake, Nath Valvo, Susie Youseff, Lizzy Hoo, regular panellist Mike Goldstein and many more.

But the real heroes of the show are the 100 everyday Aussies representing the great cross-section of our population, who Zoom in every week to tell us what the nation is really thinking.

Fan-favourite segments Pick the Percent and Celeb-A-Really will return, along with a raft of new games like Couples Court, where couples look to settle those irritating domestic quibbles we can all relate to. Can pots and pans go in the dishwasher? Do you have to share your meal at a restaurant? Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the top or bottom of the tube? Be prepared to accept the answers – The Hundred’s verdict is final!

Is It Rude? is another new segment, which will get to the bottom of social etiquette’s greyest areas. Can you turn up to a dinner party 15 minutes early? Should you tell someone if there is something in their teeth? Is it rude to whistle at work? Australia will now decide once and for all what it IS rude.

Then there’s The Voice, where our panel chase victory by using their aural superpowers to link The Hundred’s various voices to their faces, and Snogging with the Stars, where the panel must determine which celebrity a member of The Hundred has kissed.

Andy Lee said: “I asked The Hundred whether they wanted another season of the show and it was a resounding ‘yes’. You have to trust the data. I also asked them whether they wanted Gold Logie winner Hamish Blake to replace me as host and I’ve decided to keep their answer confidential. Some data you can’t trust. I’ll be back for season three.”

Whatever story is gripping the nation, or whatever the hot and taboo topics of the week are, we’ll be diving right in to find out what Australia really thinks when The Hundred with Andy Lee returns to Channel 9 and 9Now on Tuesday, August 9.

The Hundred with Andy Lee is produced by Endemol Shine Australia for the 9Network.