The Front Bar

@blackbox one of the reasons why this show works, is that it isn’t polished. It’s live television at it’s best. I don’t know how many times the boys go off skript, but it works. Something the morning shows should be looking into.

12 Likes

The Jack Waftts bit tonight was clearly not supposed to be mentioned live on air for example.

2 Likes
3 Likes

just found out i’m in melbourne this week for work (flying out tomorrow and back on friday) so i’ve sent off a request for an audiance ticket. don’t like my chances but i’ll see how i go

4 Likes

Worth a try. Take some pics if you do.

1 Like

will do if i get a ticket and they let me (when i was at jimmy fallon they kicked someone out for taking pics and refusing to delete them

1 Like

Last year when I saw both The Project and The Weekly they were very strict that mobile phones had to be turned off and no photos. At Ten they immediately pounced on a woman who took a photo with her phone during an ad break, but they did let her stay.

2 Likes

It’s all dependent, Conan you can get away with it before and after the taping.

1 Like

ARIA award-winning singer-songwriter (and Crows fan) Paul Kelly and two time Brownlow medallist Robert Harvey are special guests on tonight’s show.

1 Like

Fitzy filling in for Sam Pang on this week’s show.

11/7: Fitzy filling in for Mick Molloy on this week’s show.

1 Like

Front Bar ran well overtime (as usual and inflates late night numbers), finishing 9:51pm, The Latest didn’t finish until 10:24pm, movie premeire won’t finish until around 12:30am.

1 Like
1 Like

Garry Lyon will be on the show in two weeks’ time (August 22). Since the start of this season, Mick Molloy has been making fun of Lyon’s hosting of AFL Squadron on Seven in early 1990s.

4 Likes

And if I heard correctly at the end of yesterdays show, Peter Landy will be on next week.

3 Likes

Indeed he was. He has not been on TV for years.
Will have to catch up on 7plus.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Marty Sheargold was on the panel tonight, replacing Sam Pang who couldn’t make it tonight.

1 Like

According to today’s Herald Sun, the Grand Final edition will be held at Hotel Esplanade in St Kilda on Thursday, September 26. More details will be revealed on tonight’s show, but I believe tickets will be available on Moshtix.

3 Likes

It was announced tonight that The Front Bar will do a few cricket specials over the next few months. More details to come but apparently Sam Pang won’t be involved with them

6 Likes

Great to hear! I’d expect someone like Damien Fleming to take Sam’s spot in a cricket version.

2 Likes