The Front Bar

According to today’s Herald Sun, the Grand Final edition of The Front Bar will be held on Thursday September 27, the same night as AFL Footy Show’s finale, and will run for two hours.

1 Like

The Front Bar basically has tomorrow night all to themselves after 8:30pm, now that The Footy Show is at the bizarre time of 9pm Tuesday two days out from first final (panic at its worst?)

With the failed Bite Club and an old as the hills :wink: rom-com movie as competition.

Front Bar ran Nearly 1/2 over if EPG was correct

Yes, my epg suggested 9.30. I think it was 10.03 from memory.

Last night’s store One of the funniest episodes
Becoming a must watch Show each week

1 Like

Becoming??? Has been personally for quite some time.

2 Likes

I mentioned it weeks ago, I think it was done to make up for any lost share between 8:30pm and 8:50pm, where Bachelor and Block would’ve been dominating? Just a theory though. Be interesting one day to see a quarter hour breakdown of it.

Good news for NSW & QLD fans of the show:

2 Likes

I’ve seen the name as trending on Twitter but have no clue who he is. Would there be any interest in Sydney?

He plays for Richmond (a Victorian team) so don’t think many non-footy fans in Sydney would know him.

2 Likes

Dustin Martin also won Brownlow Medal (AFL’s best and fairest award) last year and is arguably Richmond’s best player at the moment.

1 Like

Two things. Firstly, Mick Molloy has said in an interview with the Herald Sun that The Front Bar team are considering doing a cricket version of the show to air during Summer.

Also, the tweet below is self-explanatory:

4 Likes

The cricket version should help the show build up a profile in NSW and QLD over the summer, in readiness for the AFL version being shown on primetime on 7mate in those regions next year.

1 Like

I’m sure showing the AFL version of The Front Bar in primetime on the main channel would go down quite well with the predominantly rugby league-loving markets of Sydney & Brisbane…not!

Johnson is referring to 7mate like they did last night

4 Likes

Yeah, I get that but last night’s ratings for The Front Bar on 7mate were less than impressive in Sydney & Brisbane. Even if the Grand Final edition receives more viewers, I’m not sure if it should get a full season run in primetime even on 7mate in Sydney & Brisbane next year.

Also I suspect a possible cricket version of The Front Bar would most likely be aired on Seven’s main channel in all markets, like the special Winter Olympics and Commonwealth Games versions were earlier this year IIRC.

2 Likes

Trying to build the profile of a “brand” - no doubt they will do it. They will milk its success till it becomes overbearing. It’s how they work.

1 Like

I think the obvious is actually an NRL version for Sydney and Brisbane. Seven top ranks probably already been planning it.

Any clues on hosts? Ed Kavalee and Fifi Box? My first knowledge of Box were her appearances on the NRL Footy Show.

Knowing Seven this is probably the more likely line-up: Paul ‘Fatty’ Vautin, Beau Ryan and Josh Massoud :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like