The Front Bar

Surprised Seven still have him on anything after his awful comments last Saturday.

Last Saturday? It was weeks ago.

1 Like

So that excuses it then?

Was indeed weeks ago. Glad they haven’t ostracised him from the network after one incident. I believe he apologised for that so we move on.

Quite like Lawrence’s work. Not as well seasoned on the show as Mick is but worked well for one week.

2 Likes

He’s funny as, does some of the greatest impressions of famous people (Shane Bourne last night, dead ringer!)

And I’m not just bias because he’s also an Essendon man.

Nice to see a break from Mick (AKA Mr Richmond once in a while too).

He has expanded his repertoire? I’ve only seen his well-worn Malcolm Turnbull.

1 Like

Yes! That had me in stitches! My wife was watching too and had no idea, tried to explain he was impersonating the guy who used to host Thank God You’re Here but she still had no idea.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t. Clearly it’s been dealt with internally and they’ve moved on.

Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald fills in for Sam Pang tonight while Mick Molloy is back.

Lawrence Mooney filling in for Sam Pang this week.

There’s not much negative to say about The Front Bar, however what I will question is last night’s run time (now I did tune-in and out a hit last night).

But promos said 8:30pm start (not sure what EPG said, probably more like 8:35 or 8:40pm), but it didn’t finish until 10pm!? What’s the go there.

If I was cynical and into wild theories, I’d guess that started as late as feasibly possible and finished as late as feasibly possible, so Bachelor viewers wouldn’t miss too much of first half of Front Bar?

You’re not?

4 Likes

Just doesn’t scream the same audience. i would say its more to do with nine and the footy show start time

5 Likes

The network needs to look at producing a Sydney/Brisbane edition.

But I could also assume that Seven doesn’t want to promote the NRL as they’re not the rights holder.

1 Like

That would depend on whether Carlton and United wish to spend money on sponsorship in those markets.

AFL Footy Show?

1 Like

Finished at 9.50pm, that’s hardly 10pm. And not like there was anything remotely interesting following it.

1 Like

You’re debating semantics? That’s pretty darn close for mine. And it finished on my TV at 9:54pm to be exact, plus as I mentioned, a supposedly 8:30pm start.
Are you able to tell me what time it started exactly?

Pretty sure it started dead on 8:30pm.

As to your original post, the show always goes until around 10pm now - it’s just Seven always lists it in the EPG as an hour-long program

1 Like

It ran 19 mins overtime, wasn’t 9.54pm. Ran 8.31-9.52 at mine instead of 8.31-9.33 my EPG had. Although, Im also not privy to your clock, so how do I know whether they’re the same time or not?
And, yes, happy to debate semantics. Much rather use correct times than what could be loosely termed guesswork.
TFS also ran well overtime too.