The Front Bar

I think they might be trialling out a general type show to see how that goes, before going back to the AFL version in a week or two’s time.

Im not the biggest AFL fan out there coming from Sydney, but do enjoy their AFL version more than the current show. The flow is better somehow. But unfortunately, many Sydney-siders just havent formed a connection with the show.

1 Like

It wouldn’t take a lot for them to do a spin off version for the NRL, even as a non rights holder. Change the name and the set to reflect NSW/QLD’s culture of clubs/big pubs over small dark corner pubs in Vic and it would work easily. Depends how much AFL media still has over the format

1 Like

The Super RSL Bar?

The program yet again ran over time. Tonight it went until 10pm, 30 minutes after the scheduled finish

It was a great episode tonight. It spent nearly 30 minutes discussing Shane Warne, with every guest on the show having some link to the champion spinner (Glenn Robbins was emotional when talking about his great friend).

4 Likes

I didn’t watch. Did they speak about Rod Marsh at all?

On two occasions: towards the end of the chat with Damien Fleming, and in The Last Shout segment.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear then. Both are legends of Australian cricket

At this stage, it’s more accurate to say that The Front Bar is a 90 minute program but Seven keeps on not acknowledging that’s the case.

4 Likes

It seems to be a misunderstanding between programming and the production? A theory: the former clearly expect it to be a 60min program, as they have other programming following and would probably like to see them get an audience and some return on investment, even if late. But they clearly also don’t mind TFB ratings and don’t care that much if it keeps running over-time?

The Footy Show on Nine did this for more than 20 years! When the ratings are good the network doesn’t mind the overrun at that time of night.

2 Likes

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and Collingwood legend Peter Daicos are this week’s special guests.

FIRST UPDATE 23/3: Luke Darcy filled in for Andy Maher.
SECOND UPDATE 23/3: the show returns next Thursday (March 31) after the AFL match between Western Bulldogs and Sydney at Marvel Stadium.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Mick Molloy will guest star in Bluey on Saturday 18th June.

According to Mick he is playing a tradie named “Sparky”.

2 Likes

Wednesday 29 June -
Matthew Richardson and Santo Cilauro filling in for Andy Maher and Sam Pang tonight.
Chris Scott and Tony Shaw will be special guests.

2 Likes

My thoughts on tonight’s episode.

Ryan Fitzgerald is definitely better than Santo Cilauro filling in for Mick Molloy. I feel like Santo doesn’t have much of a sense of humour.

When Mick is absent they downscale the multi segment to Maher’s Multi where Andy Maher just shows his bets. I feel like they should get Sam Pang to do the multi segment and show off the clips and say what he’d like to wager.

2 Likes

Commonwealth Games Edition

Thursday 28 July 8:30 PM

Join Sam Pang, Mick Molloy and Andy Maher as they share a laugh about the upcoming Commonwealth Games and catch up with stars of yesteryear and today.

5 Likes

This is not true at all, his sense of humour is just more subtle and understated.

6 Likes