The Footy Show (NRL)

Hasn’t this been cancelled yet? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Who’s actually watching this…

2 Likes

Probably bogans who still buy TV Week, which may explain why the show keeps winning Logies for the Most Popular Sports Program every year. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been referred to as a bogan (by Inner Western Sydney standards), have an NRL club membership and I don’t do either. :laughing:

1 Like

The NRL Footy Show will undergo a revamp next year including a new look and new format. Appearing talent is yet to be decided.

2 Likes

Good to see them refreshing the format, although they still have a long way to go to match their broadcast of the same program in the 90s.

Good to know that Nine is planning to give The NRL Footy Show a new look/format in 2018, but this is something they probably should’ve done many years ago.

With Peter “Sterlo” Sterling recently signing an exclusive contract with the Nine Network for next year, surely I’m not the only one who thinks he’ll either make a return to The NRL Footy Show or (more likely) front the new Monday night NRL panel show that was announced at the upfronts?

Although personally, I think The NRL Footy Show really needs to replace all existing presenters with new talent.

1 Like

Dropping The and Show from the Name, Scrapping Beau Knows, Pass for Pesos and Player Probe, But not Small Talk, which is a Highlight, But only Once a Fortnight. Whole Cast needs to be Shaken up as well.

You would like the title to be Footy?

2 Likes

Haven’t they been revamping it every year…

have you not been watching…

yes.

just make a NRL version of Front Bar. Would suit the post-game format better and be a lot cheaper.

7 Likes

Another Nine bombshell. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Finally. They’re probably hoping this announcement gets lost in all the hype around Lisa / Today Show.

1 Like

Now there’s an axing from Channel Nine I’m sure many people will be celebrating!

Personally I think it’s at least 10 years overdue, but I’m glad The NRL Footy Show now seems to be part of the history books.

4 Likes

Nine’s up-fronts last week :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

So they lied, those dirty rotten scoundrels. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They also said:

3 Likes

Wow…that’s big news.

Hugh Marks doing a Lachlan Murdoch at the network? :open_mouth:

Note: Tom Elliott on 3AW radio just said the news, he couldn’t care less about NRL by the way, incorrectly saying “Nine have just axed NRL Footy Show”.

Saying what does that mean for the AFL version, which had a highly publicised and tumultuous year?

Sam Newman the only network original left!

1 Like

And an article from News Ltd