The Footy Show (NRL)

1 Like

Classic moment on the Sunday Footy Show…

Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns were both panelists today, and Brad decided to bring up the 2000 elimination final between their teams, Roosters and Knights.

For those with long football memories, that was the game where the Knights led 15-0 at half time and Andrew was saying stuff to the Roosters players at the interval like “enjoy your Mad Monday”… And lo and behold in the 2nd half, the Roosters scored 26 points to end the Knights season, with Brad scoring a try off an intercepted Andrew Johns pass.

Brad was reminding him of much of this, and the other panel members were all having a laugh… they also showed that try above. Johns looked quite agitated about that all being brought up. He said, “thanks for showing that guys” through gritted teeth. I thought he was going to get up and walk off!

6 Likes

1 Like

A rare mention of Channel Nine there from NBN.

NRL FOOTY SHOW GRAND FINAL EDITION

Thursday 28 September

Yes it’s time!!! Time for this year’s Grand Final Footy Show spectacular being held at the sensational new International Convention Centre at Darling Harbour on Thursday the 28th September.

Come and see both Grand Final teams in their final appearance together before kick-off in Sunday’s NRL Premiership decider.

In massive music news we can now announce that Footy Show favourite, the one & only Queen Dee… yes Miss Delta Goodrem will be performing LIVE on the Grand Final show, & what she is working on will blow everyone away & be like nothing else she has done before.

And American rockers Everclear will perform their smash hit Santa Monica LIVE, as well as more MASSIVE musical surprises to be announced in the coming weeks.

Be close enough to touch a cavalcade of past and present NRL Superstars in our world famous Player Revue. One lucky audience member gets the opportunity to Pass for Pesos … with a chance to win thousands of dollars. Yes, that could be you!

Tickets are limited and will sell quickly, so cop the heads up and get in early for the VIP packages for the pre-show function where you can get up close and personal with all of the hosts and those players past and present appearing on the night.

This is an all ages family show; so pack the kids in the party bus and get on down!!

Tickets are now on sale at Ticketek.

Those Sydney party buses are definitely not all ages! :smiley:

Here’s a question: True or False, the Footy Show will return to Nine next year?

It’ll probably return for it’s 25th year* in March 2018, even though I personally think it should’ve been axed sometime around 2005-06.

*That is, if you can count the 1993 Grand Final Show and the four weeks of programs for the 1994 Finals Series as being 25 years for the Sydney-based Rugby League version of the Footy Show on Nine. The first official series of the program was in 1995, as far as I’m aware.

2 Likes

Definitely will be back next year. And I can’t see too much changing on the show in 2018, they’ve had quite a decent year this year.

It should’ve never come up IMO. Fatty annoys the hell out of me, Erin and Beau looks like deer-in-the-headlights and The Big Marn well, doesn’t add much. I wonder if Media Watch has ever given the show a grilling yet…

2 Likes

Media Watch has more important things in the media to review than a tacky football panel show.

Mind you, I’d really love to see them (or Gogglebox, who’ve reviewed the AFL version of the show at least twice before) give The NRL Footy Show a grilling.

3 Likes

The show should have been axed when Sterlo, Matty & The Chief departed. Now, they should get rid of the show and start again on a new show featuring none of the exisiting cast or segments. A show with football talk as it’s number 1 priority. If they really want to, they can have a 5-10 minute comedy segment. A few years ago, 9 tried to get Marty Johns to come back to the footy show. He said he would only return if he had creative control over the show, including a new name and to blow it up and start again. He also said to replace Fatty and that if he walked out, it’s still the footy show. They disagreed and so he went to Fox, now look, his show is sensational with majority footy talk and some light hearted humour. It’s fantastic! What could have been for 9, instead, they are all too proud to admit that they have lost the bloody plot!

5 Likes

then change the channel.

2 Likes

The show has become tired and stale. I like Fatty and Erin but together as hosts doesn’t work for me. And that Small Talk segment has surely run its course.

They need some competition like an NRL version of The Front Bar to spice things up.

2 Likes

if the AFL footy show gets canned, do we think the NRL version would follow suit or would they just run the NRL show?

I think as long as ch9 have NRL rights the show will survive.

1 Like

The AFL Footy Show has confirmed they are returning in 2018 on their Facebook page

small talk is about the only good thing left on the show…I record it each week & basically fast forward through most of the boring BS on the show

Is Peter “Sterlo” Sterling returning to co-host with Fatty and Erin Molan next year?

I’d suggest he’d be calling the bulk of the Thursday night games so probably not as a regular if at all.