The Footy Show (NRL)

Common sense call would be for the NRL show to air at 7.30 on GEM in VIC/SA/WA. Likewise the AFL Grand Final Footy Show into NSW/QLD on GEM. But this is Nine we’re talking about…

1 Like

I had the sense not to bother watching this and enjoyed Gogglebox on Channel Ten instead but from what I can gather on social media, about half of tonight’s show seemed to be song parodies (including a 1D parody…what is this, 2012 or 2016?) and/or some other nonsense rather than proper discussion and analysis of Sunday’s Grand Final? I know I shouldn’t be too surprised, but that’s pathetic!

AND despite the absolutely appalling ratings it received in both key markets for most of this this year, I’m guessing that The NRL Footy Show will probably by some miracle return to our screens in 2017 due to perhaps half-decent ratings for tonight’s GF edition? Good lord.

3 Likes

Sounds like Logie Award winning material :trophy:

1 Like

Maybe this will win a Logie. Bizarre.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMQO7BXB2UR/

Full story:

1 Like

Footy show brings a lot of revenue to ninethrough sponsorship. But footy show needs to be overhauled, look what Matty Johns show on fox does. 1 hour it’s not over killing or filling time with garbage. They still have time to review every game and put in some good segments too. It’s about quality not quantity.

1 Like

I heard Darryl Brohman on the radio yesterday say the NRL footy show this year will be going back to Thursday night after the Thursday night NRL game.

I hope so. The show didn’t seem right on a Wednesday.

1 Like

I see Paul “Fatty” Vautin and Beau Ryan have been Dumped from the Show, Any Reason??? It’s needs to drop the Kick for Cash Segment and all Old School Competitions.

Where have you seen this?

2 Likes

On Wikipedia

Right. That’s not a news source.

I’m heading there right now to write that The Goldbergs have been cancelled.

5 Likes

What??? You’re joking right???

Well, yes. But anyone can edit Wikipedia so you see my point?

Don’t think Beau would be dumped, was good in the early days not now though he’s on big cash so they won’t dump him

1 Like

Daily Tele saying Late Night With Matty Johns will go directly up against the Footy Show on Thursday nights.

Here’s a link to the story.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-matty-johns-in-ratings-battle-with-the-footy-show/news-story/9e6dcb6f82b00f472ca647dfdbcda5f7

Matty versus Fatty, Full On Post Match Talk versus Partial Post Match Talk and Rubbish.

I don’t think anything Matty does is full on. There will be some comedy/light stuff mixed in

Looks like I won’t be watching The Footy Show this year. Matty for me.

i wish they had a total revamp of the NRL Footy Show. It’s been stale for some time now.

I know its always had an entertainment factor to the show, and can accept that, but they really need to talk a little more about the NRL. Seems like they only talk about each coming game for no more than 30 seconds. There at least should be a teamlist of each game shown on air, instead of just the sports betting agency market.

How Fatty has lasted on the show for over 20 years amazes me. He obviously has goss on some management, henc why he is still on the show! Bring back Peter Sterling.

4 Likes