The Footy Show (NRL)

no he didn’t but he’s just sitting there at the desk…

1 Like

Ray Hadley has said on commentary that Fatty will be a guest on The Footy Show tonight.

Just flicking channels and come across Fatty saying thanks to people verging on tears. Did he not get to say all this in the final show? He’s obviously not over it.

Great to see Fatty finally give some closure to his 24 year tenure in the show. An emotional Fat thanked former producers, hosts and fans for all their support over the years.

1 Like
1 Like

Although I still personally think Paul “Fatty” Vautin has had his day as a presenter of The NRL Footy Show and that the decision moving away from him for the 2018 season was the right one, I do agree that it’s a bit slack how he never got to farewell the audience at the end of the 2017 season for the program - at least that issue was addressed (somewhat) tonight.

But given the ratings of late, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the entire show is farewelling the audience at the end of this year’s season unless the numbers improve substantially soon (going over 100k in Sydney the last two weeks is somewhat promising, but Brisbane numbers remain quite poor).

4 Likes

Last nights show was in the studio because there was no Thursday night NRL Game:

1 Like

That promise has died with those ratings on Thursday. This show is dead and rotting.

A shadow of what it used to be like.

1 Like

Yeah, last week’s ratings for The NRL Footy Show in Sydney & Brisbane were absolutely appalling (and probably an alltime low or close to it?) for a post-Origin program.

3 Likes

What were they?

As posted in the NRL on Nine thread, tonight’s show will air at 8.30pm in Sydney and Brisbane.

A last ditch attempt to improve the shows flagging ratings perhaps?

1 Like

Erin Molan plans to return to work at the end of June, as she shows off her daughter Eliza Emily.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/erin-molan-to-head-back-to-work-six-weeks-after-giving-birth-to-her-daughter/news-story/e076ff1e0495c2bc65a576bbeaf6cd92

1 Like

Mixed messages with the promos on Nine today (in Queensalnd at lest)

Some looked like this

While others (20 minutes later)

Which is it Nine?

4 Likes

After last night’s ratings

4 Likes

Surely Nine must be just about ready to pull the pin? Because I honestly can’t see how The NRL Footy Show can continue in 2019 when an Origin special isn’t one of the Top 50 programs in Sydney.

Mind you, the rise of Thursday Night Football since 2013 has probably also done a really good job of slowly killing the program.

1 Like

An extended Thursday night post-match review program is probably all that is needed, and during Origin and finals weeks Nine could maybe have a Thursday edition of 100% Footy which would be cheap to produce.

3 Likes

Erin Molan is back as host next week after her maternity leave - kudos to James Bracey who has done a really good job as fill-in host.

Those ratings last night were abysmal. I’d imagine the show itself will continue for the rest of this year, but can’t see it returning in this format next year. Wouldn’t surprise me if it is just replaced with post-match coverage similar to what currently happens on a Friday night from the ground.

Thursday night footy has certainly has been the death of The Footy Show unfortunately!

3 Likes

Nine has apologised to former Canberra star Dave Taylor after Sunday Footy Show was slammed for “fat shaming” him yesterday.

1 Like

I’m sure he has thick skin. It’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

1 Like